Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

SW addin problems
I have a problem when trying to debug a SW add-in. I hope it's something simple I'm overlooking, but have been unable to make progress on my own or with SW API support (so far but I'm sure they will...
1
1

VB Functon as Sub
Example of Function called as Sub: 'MsgBox function return "OK" or "cancel" to variable "retLong" retLong = MsgBox("OK to proceed", vbOKCancel) 'MsgBox function called as Sub, with no return variable...

2 Dimension Questions
I'm in the process of updating & improving some existing drawings done by my customer. On some drawings they have ordinate dimensions but with arrows. I've seen this before when I've used ordinate...
2
2

Solidworks helix
Is there a way create a helix whose sketch isn't based on a circle? For instance, could I use a sketch of a triangle with round edges and create a helicle shape based on that geometry?
7
7

Redundancy
Just to let you know, PCS has just informed me that the end of the month will bring the termination of my employment there. If you know of an opening for a senior level technical manager would you...
1
1

eDrawing crashing
In order to share some SW2007 files with a collegue who has no solidworks installed, I've told the guy to install the free eDrawings 2007 on his computer so he can view my files and comment on them....
3
3

SW 2001 and large assembly Parasolids
I am working with SolidWorks 2001, opening a Parasolids (x_t) file. When I go to open it, however, I am prompted with a dialog box saying: "Importing large assembly. Component parts will be imported...

API: Create toolbar from SWP-file: AddToolbarCommand2 (get cookie)
Hello All, I'm trying to create a toolbar with a SWX macro (swp-file). I can create a toolbar using AddToolbar, and I do see the buttons using AddToolbarCommand, but I just cannot assign a function to...
3
3

OT: update on New Orleans
I was just reading an article about the recent rampant crime in New Orleans - they are talking about imposing a curfew. Not trying to be paranoid but it seems like a lousy place to have a...
34
34

Warning-Norton AV: Virus or Anti-Virus
In the past some of you have groaned about Norton Anti-Virus. I have used it for several years without any trouble was concerned. A couple weeks the subscrition ran out so I purchased SystemWorks...
19
19

New Haptic Feedback Device...
seeing the Novint Falcon review,.. I got bored today and wanted to have some fun... Happy New Year! ..
3
3

GetCustomInfoValue, how do I get from drawing view ?
I am using the API command to grab some custom properties from a drawing view and insert them as a note on a DXF file. I am trying to figure out how to grab the custom properties from a drawing view...

Make Drawing from Part / View Palette
The bullet-point version: -How to access "Make Drawing from Part" through the API? -If nobody knows how to do that, then my alternative is to try and get the same functionality through a series of...

XMLPropWorks
Happy New Year, After a rather extended alpha trial of XMLPropWorks, a number of bugs have been identified and a bevy of new functionality has been requested. Revision of XMLPropWorks is about to...
14
14

SWX2007 SP1 - Drawings not updating
Anyone else seen this issue - or know if SP2 fixes it? After creating a model of my part I made a drawing, consequently i needed to add a sketch to the model so I could add a dimension to a feature....
4
4