Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Sketch over Tracing Procedure
I am hoping that someone will help me with this. I need to import a tracing of the profile of a weird shaped object into Solidworks, and I am hoping that I can make a sketch over the tracing so that I...
8
8

Unable to recognize arc and circle in a Solidworks drawing
Hello @ all. I have a problem with solidworks (i use in this moment 2007 version). I have some step file thats and must be create a drawings. when i to try dimensioning arc or circle appear message...
4
4

Leader selections missing from drawing?
Earlier today we had a power outage at my work, and after that the license server was messed up and had to be restarted. Now, I'm putting some notes into a drawing, and the only leader options it...
3
3

Photoworks texture
I need to render a product with a textured paint finish that I can only describe as "orange peel". Does anyone have any suggestions, there are loads of plastic textures in SW2007 but I can get...
1
1

Is it possible to insert current time just like <SW-SHORT DATE> ?
I have a note on my drawing that displays the current date a drawing was printed , but I would also like the current time it was printed. Is this possible with a default note, or will it involve...
9
9

.Net add-in installation
How do i install a .Net add-in once I have written it using the Add-in wizard??? Creating a VB 2005 setup project and adding the dll file (and its dependencies) didnt work. When I install and then go...
1
1

text in search
I somehow set something that has caused a problem in the Help, Search area. When I attempt to type in the workd, drawing, it will only allow me to type dr, just dr. I am not sure what could have...
10
10

Photorendering choppiness
I've been using the method described in the "Tips and Tricks" at (spherical environment, constant illumination, etc.) For some materials, like galvanized, it seems fine, but for others, it has...

64-bit Version - Yea or Nea?
Just curious how everyone has made out with the 64-bit version of SolidWorks, and what the pros and cons would be for using the 64-bit version instead of sticking with the 32-bit?
1
1

CamWorks v EdgeCam
We have been using CamWorks for a while now but it is very buggy and we are having a load of problems with the NC output to our mill and lathe. Has anyone got any experience of EdgeCam (especially in...
2
2

"N" key works in one direction but not the other - Again
Hello All, Just a note that in SW2007 SP2.0 the N key, used to view normal to a plane or surface will not go anti-normal when hit a second time. This has been an on-again off-again problem that is now...
4
4

Solid2005 suddenly closes
Hello everybody .I had taken an error report from solid 2005 when i tried to sketch acircle on the surface of a flange solid works sudenly closes .What can cause it ?
1
1

server node down or not responding
when i run solidworks 2006 the error which i am getting is as such " server node is down or not responding" how to come up with this problem can any one in the group suggest me.
3
3

SWX Add-in
I received an email from a company who is developing a new add-in that is supposed to be launced at SWXWorld in February. The new add-in looks very interesting! I like it because it would help me to...
29
29

Boring Holes into Curved Surface
Imagine a cylinder, but cut in half so that the cross section of the object looks like a half-moon. I am trying to bore holes (fastener holes, couterbores, etc) into the curved surface of the...
5
5