Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Color of an Assembl Section
I'm recently migrated from 2005 to 2007 and see that the section tool has changed (again). For some reason the sectioned faces are colored in clack which makes it very difficult to discern the edges...
3
3

Edrawings In PowerPoint
Anyone know of any known issues when opening an e drawing in Powerpoint. I can get a SWX2007 edrawing to automatically run in PPT 2003 but it will not work in PPT 2000 when my client tries to add it...
5
5

Photoworks transparency
Hello, I have rendered some nice models using only SolidWorks materials and indirect illumination. When trying to add some transparency to a component it does render transparent, but not glass-like as...
5
5

Trimmed Large Component Affecting Size of Assembly
I've got a problem with a component affecting the viewing of its parent assemblies. Let me start by trying to illustrate the assembly structure, and then describe what is happening. Asm1 .Asm2 ..Asm3...
3
3

dwg views do not reflect part model
I have a situation where my front view has updated to the part model. But I cannot get the right side view and top view to update to the part model. I have saved the part model and closed part model...
4
4

show dimension names?
I know you can show the dimension names but I've forgotten how to to display them. I'm doing a lot configurations on parts and this would help extremely in the design table construction. I've searched...
5
5

edrawings lockup
I'm trying to use edrawings Professional 2007. It will open a DWG fine. As soon as I try to open a SW file or edrawing file it locks up. 2006 was working fine. Any ideas? Rudy
2
2

Helicoil with flattened ends
Does anyone here have, or know the whereabouts of a tutorial for flattening the first and last coil of a helicoil? Thanks in advance, G. De Angelis De Angelis Tool Valhalla Grafix
2
2

sp2.1 - PW Toolbar missing again!
sp2.1 - PW Toolbar missing again! Cute, really cute,... just installed sp2.1 and ... amazing! You guys and your developer are really sumthang!? Do you guys get off on this stuff????? How can you waste...
13
13

Failed to save document
So I go to save the assembly I've been working on and I get an error message that says "failed to save document". The same thing is happening with the drawing that goes with that assembly. But if I...
4
4

Does Anyone Know What This Means?
I'm working on an assembly that an ex-coworker did & there is a bunch of parts & assemblies that were suppressed for some reason. When I try to resolve the parts & assemblies it gives me this message...
7
7

Beta Testers Needed for MFG.com Add-in
is looking for people interested in beta testing our new add-in for SolidWorks. The only requirement is that you must have a need and desire to receive quotes online within SolidWorks for your parts....
1
1

OT: I'm outta here
Hey all, It's been fun, but I'm off to travel around Latin America for the best part of a year. I hope all your Solidwork days are fun and happy - no doubt I'll be back and plugged in again before I...
1
1

Thumbnail oddity
Any one else had this? saving a file in 2007 sp2.1 & 2.0 I get the old low res thumbnail, if I ctrl_Q just before save I get the nice shiny high res one? steve

Microsoft Hot Fix 919880 to reduce file size on save
FYI this hot fix is on the SW portel. This has 1/2 the size of some my files. Any good way of opening, ctrl-q, and saving folders of SW files? steve
13
13