Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Animating a cable
Hi all, I'm struggling a little bit with this, so I thought I would throw it out to see if anyone has any brilliant ideas. I'm working on an animation of a tool that I built to measures he ID and OD...
9
9

Macro One less & one more decimal places... Doesn't function until you hit rebuild...
I've been using these two macros for years, and they're great, but with the advent of I think SW 2005 they stopped being automatic, and required a rebuild to refresh the screen and actually add the...
7
7

How to automate changing configs and rendering to tif files?
Anyone tried to automate rendering in PhotoWorks? I'm setting up a scene with an assembly that will contain 300 parts or more and I'll have each part in their own config, with a camera setup that will...
4
4

PDMWorks delete/create subpojects performance
I have PDMWorks 2006 SP4 on a windows 2003 SP1 server. I have a 30 GB vault and I am experiencing a slowdown performance when creating or deleting subprojects (even empty subprojects). It consumes the...
2
2

render with contours
I am right in thinking that Solidworks can't do a 'render with contours' after a certain amount of materials have been applied to an assembly. Has anyone else had a problem with 'render with contours'...

Bending sheetmetal
Help... I have a decent background from way back when all mechanical drawing was done with a pencil and vellum. I am trying to do some work for a sheet metal prototype in Solidworks 2006 and am having...
5
5

Some one trained in SOLIDWORKS SURFACES, Please
Within the last month or so I made a model for a hand held "Tenderizer" made of a rectangle, approximately 100 MM long and 38 MM wide, with a convex shape at the top.(raised radius). I offset a plane,...
1
1

My E-drawings 2005 is not allowing configurations
I didn't even realize you could do configurations in E-drawings 2005 until a client was asking why my configurations weren't showing up in E-drawings. Does anyone have any advice for a "broken"...
1
1

Toolbox Descriptions in a BOM
Hi all, I have created a custom numbering system and bill of materials for my company. I have run into a problem, however, since none of our vendors know what the SW2006 Toolbox default part names...
4
4

Macro to set material props for part file?
Does anyone have a VB example of how to set the material properties for a part file? Specifically I want to set the Area/Hatch Fill option to None for over 100 part files and would really like to do...
2
2

Noob needs help. - mapping a sketch to a hemisphere..
Hi, Im not sure my terminology is correct, but will try and describe what I need to do as best as possible. I have a hollowed hemisphere, with a wall thickness of 10mm, I wish to cut a pattern through...
2
2

July PhotoWorks Contest
The images for the July PhotoWorks contest have been posted for your viewing pleasure. Go to to vote for your favorite image. While there download the model for the August contest. Also, a number of...
4
4

multi config - multi body - color and texture problem?
Hi all, I have a part with 2 bodies, one body has just a basic transparent color applied, the other body has a texture applied. This part also has 2 configs. If I set the color and texture in one...
5
5

CSWP sample exam on SW website. Help
I am trying to solve the hands-on portion of the sample exam (compression plate) and seem to be short a couple dimensions. How are the two bosses on the back of the plate located vertically? Also, is...
4
4

Industrial Scene Model Posted
the free downloads page with 'Bucket Scene'. Nice scene filler for your industrial scenes.....3ds format Enjoy! Ed http://www.baument.com