Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Improperly Commisioned Installation
I am trying to start a fresh installation. The previous version was uninstalled. The registry entry for Solidworks was erased, and my anti-virus software was turned off. However when I start up...
3
3

Interesting Phenomenon in Assemblies
I saw a very interesting phenomenon in assemblies today. Someone had built a model of a linkage with a hydraulic cylinder driving it. When the hydraulic cylinder was added in, the model started to...
4
4

From 3-d Sketch to Sheetmetal
I am having some problems trying to create a sheetmetal part. I am filling a gap between two sheetmetal parts with a complex third. This involves me making a 3-D sketch of the third using lots of...
1
1

Origne at Centre of Mass
Hi All, I was wondering whether there is a way to ensure that the origen of a part is always at the COG parametrically, or whether you just have to use the Mass Props dialogue end determine it...
4
4

PCI Connector Model
Hello i'm a pcb designer, i use 3D PCB to profile the board components (IGES Models). i got the models from their respective Manufacturer's website, except for the PCI connecter. Does any one have a...
2
2

Rendering LED displays in SW
I have been battling with this for some time. How for example would I render an LED display, such as found on a typical clock radio etc. I have made a block, and made it grey plastic, and extrude cut...
4
4

Bended spring
Hi, everybody Can anyone help me how to make a bended extension/compression spring in SW 2006? I do not know if I am clear, but I would like to make a spring that goes around a circle (circle here...
6
6

Wire forms
I'm trying to model a formed wire using sweeps following 3D sketches and am having endless problems with the sketch becoming over-constrained. Could someone who models this sort of thing regularly...

OT Blender and Indigo
As general interest for rendering folks here is a link to an image recent done with a test version of Indigo - similar stuff to Maxwell but free. Development is coming along well. 2.42 and Yafray 0.9...
3
3

Balloon numbers do not match BOM
I have for the first time tried ballooning an assembly drawing which has a BOM table. I've tried both the manual "balloon" and the "auto balloon" icons and in both cases the balloon numbers do not...
4
4

windows search thing - slow down
Has anyone else noticed that if you install the windows desktop search thing, as required by SW2007 search, file folders get slower and it actually makes the normal windows File Search buggy?
3
3

Inserting BOM Table (API ) error
When trying to insert a SW BOM table (not Excel based) using the following call the table goes in with no part entries actually in the table. If I insert manually using the same table template it...
1
1

How to make the export dialog disappear when using the saveas4 function in API?
Dear all, i want to save a created model into the STL format and used the function of saveas4, everything goes well, just when i am running the add-in in solidworks 2006, there is always a dialog of...
3
3

Check If Drawing Page Is Loaded
This is my code. It saves a PDF of a Solidworks drawing on our network drive. The problem is that the PDF sometimes has empty views. It will have the annotations, but not the view. I think if I cycled...
2
2

open dialoge file order
Hey All, Somewhere along the line I've managed to reset my open dialoge display option so the files are no longer arranged my Name but instead by something esle, such as date saved, can someone help...
2
2