Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

3DConnexion Messed up mouse zoom
I got a spaceball/cadman thingy from my VAR to "test out". It was neat I guess, but not worth the $$. Sooooo I unplugged it and uninstalled the drivers. But now when I zoom in or out using my...
4
4

Vertex Chamfer limitation
I've been using the vertex chamfer to put a 3 sided chamfer in the inside corner of pockets. I've noticed that if the pocket is created by extruding a sketch (whether a boss, or a cut), there seems to...
7
7

Split Screen Menu
There is a menu in the lower left hand corner of the modeling window for view orientation, and splitting the screen into multiple views. I never use it. Does anyone know of a way to keep this from...
3
3

Need HELP finding, Sheet Metal Fabrication Job Shop
I am looking for recommendations and help finding a few Sheet Metal Fabricators in Orange, Riverside or LA County California. I am hoping some in this group have used a local sheet metal fabricator in...
28
28

reordering scketched bens doesnt prevent "self intersceting part" warning
Recently I made a relative simple sheet metal part which has 4 sketched bends. on first configuration of the part, the second sketched bend angle is small enough to not cause the part to self...
2
2

Drawing views unwanted sliding
2006 SP4.1 - XP Pro I am surprised no one posted about this one: It seems to me that (almost) every time I click in a view (for the first time in a given drawing), the view slides, and I have to undo...
5
5

SW 2006 - SP5.0
Anyone has an idea when SP5.0 will be available? TIA JM
19
19

Genesee Indexing Motion Wheel
If any one in this group knows the whereabouts of a Genesee Indexing Motion Wheel, please post it's whereabouts for me. It is supposed to be a mechanical device used in the automation segment of the...
3
3

2007 sp0 ev available
for the courageous, patient and curious.
2
2

Benchmarks
Hi to all where i can dowload a good benchmark to test sw 2006 on pc dual core and xeon? i hear that there is a benchmark called ship in a bootle. thx a lot to all Max
6
6

Cam Mate Problems
Hi, I have a pin that rides in a groove that has the Cam Mate work one day and then refuses yet another. I have done this so many times already I am ready to create a "High Tech" sculpture with my...
2
2

Piano Model
Does anyone have a SW model of a (baby) grand piano? Thanks Moonty
1
1

How to get to the Excel Based Bill of Materials
I have SW 2006SP4.1 and MS Office 2003 installed. I want to create an Excel based Bill of Materials in my drawing, but the menu item is always disabeled (grayed out). I can create Excel based Design...
2
2

What is the easiest way of creating sketch form X Y points?
I have text file with X Y coordinates and I need make feature out of it.
1
1

cosmosmotion API
Hi. Does anyone have any experience automating cosmosmotion? In particular writing code to change joint motion etc. and repeating simulations with different properties? I am using an academic version...