Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

EXPORTING XYZ
Ok I have found this macro on the group I cannot get it to work? What gives? How should it be exectuted? I run it in a part that only has a point cloud in a 3d skectch and nouthing happens... I could...
5
5

CORK SCREW
Hi everyone, I have an project to do about cork screw.I was trying to finish the mates needed but I got stuck with the mates between Handle and Arms.I have to show the total motion of the Cork, too....
1
1

Saving exploded view .avi files?
Never needed this feature until now and I can't figure out how to do it. When I click on "Animate Explode", the Animation Controller comes up and I have a choice to "Save as AVI", but it's greyed out....
1
1

unable to use driven feature component pattern
Hi, I would like to know if anyone of you stumbled across this message: "cannot pattern: could not find proper pattern location." It happens when I try to use the driven feature component pattern on...
3
3

SW Drawing views still make big files?
Been doodling with SW v2003. In this older version, it seems for every view you add to a drawing file, the full weight of the model (in file size) is added to the drawing. Example a drawing with 1 or...
1
1

Hole patterns and drawings
Hi, I have a sheet metal part with a cut extrude, 9x9mm hole, this hole I then pattern. Is there a way to put the pattern information on the drawing, (showing the X and Y directions), so that if I...
6
6

Large thread in Hole wizard trouble, over the 2-4.5 defaults
I want to add 2-1/2 -4 thread and 3-1/2-4 thread the sizes in the wizard do not go this large. by adding them in favorites will not work saying that you cant add a hole larger that size since the...
2
2

"apparent relation" - do we need it?
Hi guys, I want to know your opinions on a new "class" of sketch relations which I think will be very handy in solidworks (maybe the whole idea is stupid and there is an obvious simple workaround...
19
19

Core2Duo and SW
After reading a few useless reviews with no real CAD benchmarks, Good ol' Google found this for me: is a link in the article with a spreadsheet of their results. In SW2005, the E6700 just edges out...
16
16

How do you easily redimension parts in an assembly?
I'm new to SolidWorks, and I'm using the program (2001 version) to help me design a jig that I will be building. I've drawn the parts in SolidWorks and combined them in an assembly, assigning them...
2
2

Convert 3ds to solidpart in SW
How to convert 3ds from 3DMax to solidpart in SW and make it smooth? The convertion with the ShapeWorks program makes it look made of polygons.
5
5

Fat Fingers
I was editing a dimension and my finger hit between a couple of keys at the same time. Now when I go to edit any dimension in a sketch, (in a part) the calculator and equation dialogue boxes pop up...
1
1

Selecting when Addin is visible - API
I've created an Addin by using the Addin template from the SW website. It seems to be working fine, but i can't figure out how to change it's availability. if SW has no file open, or a part file open,...
5
5

Reading Configuration Specific
hello, I've programmed that some properties will be written in the Configuration Specific. My problem is when i open the macro all the textboxes are empty. For the Custom Properties i've programmed...

Description property won't update
I've changed the value of the Description custom property of a part, but the value displayed in the Feature Manager of the assembly it is used in (and also higher level assemblies) and the BOM on a...
1
1