Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Add-In Dialog Silliness
At the top of my Add-In dialog there is a line complete with little square, but no characters to right. Anyone have this happen and more importantly know how to find out what this "add-In" is and how...
1
1

Note leader placement
It was just pointed out to me that there exists the ability to make the leader of a note emanate from the top/mid/bottom of the note. But, this functionality is only available if the note is...

Rebuilding configurations
I made a part that has 50 configurations controlled by a design table and equations. I revised the part by changing 2 dimensions that are the same in all configurations. In order to get each...
7
7

Adobe 3D PDF - SolidWorks
Hi, Just wondering, how do you -or- can you publish an Adobe 3D PDF drawing from SolidWorks? Aron
3
3

weld bead
I'm having trouble inserting a weld bead all the way around a tube x tube weld. I can't seem to get a handle on how to make stop faces. Any suggestions?
2
2

Re: CAD Conversion, try it out!
Be able to read a cosmosm file, a *.ses file, and create the gometry, boundary conditions, material properties and convert this file into cosmosworks file is waited by many people. see also : "Cliff"...
1
1

PDMWorks Usage Discussion?
Hi All: **This is a long post, but I could really use some help especially from you CAD Admin types. Due to our company being bought out by another, we're being forced to change our part numbering...

Mechanical Engineer needed (Pomona > Southern California)
We are currently looking for a mechanical engineer with solid knowledge in SolidWorks to fill a position immedately. Requirement for the positions are: BSME 5 years experience Recent experience in...

API help
Newbie on all these matters: I am trying to write a macro that change on existing drawings all tangent edges from "visible" to "with a style" -SetDisplayTangentEdges2 1- (not sure how it is said in...
2
2

Assembly/Part origins in SW2006
Hey All, We're just deploying SW2006, and have noticed an issue with inserting parts into assemblies. The typical 'click green check mark' or 'click on assy origin with double arrow cursor icon'...
8
8

Once upon a time in SW
At one time, several years ago, I was able to rmb on a dimension, properties, modify text and in that modify text dialog box there were two input boxes where the user could input text. The top one...
13
13

Dell M65 vs M70
Hello All, I know that this has been talked about to death, but... It looks like I can buy a refurb M65 for about the same as a refurb M70. I know that SW will not take advantage of the duo processor....
3
3

Re: Instructor Needed
I'll bet it pays around 50 to 80 an hour plus a cut of the action.

Re: Mike Wilson strikes again
Yeah clever guy, Mike. I miss his contributions he will return sometime?

API-SW2006: How to render correctly an assembly made of mated components?
Hi, We are developing an application that loads an assembly inside SolidWorks and, thanks to the SW-API, displays it inside an OpenGL viewer The problem we encounter is when assembly contains mated...