Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: OT - Crazed loon loose in Phoenix
Cliff, A new low even for you and that's saying something. Have you no shame? Tom Cliff wrote:
1
1

Text associated with balloons
Our company likes to have part number text justified to either the left or right of the balloon number in an assembly. SolidEdge provides a method within the balloon command to automatically insert...
3
3

Instructors Needed
Silicon Valley Technical Institute ( is looking for part-time AutoCAD and SolidWorks instructors for the San Jose, California campus. Min requirements are MS degree with at least 3 years of experience...

COSMOS $$
Can anybody tell me how much COSMOS Professional currently costs, and what its yearly maintenance fee is for a single seat. I know I probably can get this easily from my VAR, but I don't want the...
3
3

Hole Wizard flips direction on curved surface
I am using (in 2006SP4.1) a Hole Wizard to create 6 CSK M5 holes on a slightly bent plate (Slightly means less than 5 degrees bend across the length of the plate). The points that define the hole...

Misplaced Shadow in Graphic Area
I'm relatively new to SW so please bear with my simpleton question. The shadow in my graphic area is not underneth my model and parrell to the top plane. It is displayed behind the model and parrell...
6
6

Assembly Reference Problem
I recently reorganized all of our Solidworks files. Previously they were all in one large windows explorer folder, consisting of approximately 3400 files (parts, assembly, and their corresponding...
1
1

reinforced concrete cosmoswork material
Hi, 1)Anybody who knows if there is a way to calculate the forces which interacts on a reinforced concrete construction with cosmosworks? 2) Is there a way to automatically include the weight of your...

Using SolidWorks text features for engraving letters into EDM electrodes...
We're creating models of a finished tool that is to have protruding letters on it's working surface. The letters are .040-.060 high. We create these letters with the sketch fonts in SolidWorks. True...

How to extract features from Solidwork API?
Dear all, i can use SolidWorks well, but new to SolidWorks API. What i want to do is to extract the features from the existing SolidWorks models? In UG, the users can design the part using the...
4
4

Cosmos results understanding for a newbie
I know how to apply forces and restraints to models in cosmos. What I dont understand are the results legend on the right. For example: Is the maximum stress value that the model shows (in the...
1
1

obj or 3ds conversion to solidworks files
Hi, I have files in 3dstudio (.3ds) or object (.obj) files that i need to import into Solidworks anyone know how or what software , I've managed to use rhino to create vrml or stl files but have no...
8
8

Does SW have dynamic zoom like Autocad
Maybe I just have not found it. But does any version of SW have a dynamic zoom feature or function similar to Autocad?
3
3

documentation style
I've been reading though a lot of documentation recently, and notice a few things about how information is typically formatted. I'm usually looking for information formated as facts or lists of facts....
8
8

Industrial Machine Model Posted
the free downloads page with 'Granulator' . A large industrial machine that's great for dressing (or down) your industrial scenes. Enjoy! Ed http://www.baument.com