Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for someone to re-create some Inventor files
Hello, I have a 3D DWG file from Inventor that was supplied to me by a vendor of ours. I need to recreate the sheetmetal assembly it describes into SW2006 format. Are the any users of both systems out...
1
1

2007 Pre Release 1 is LIVE on the web (x32 & x64 Editions)
Dear SolidWorks Customer SolidWorks=AE 2007 Pre-release is now available for download for all subscription customers. To download, please visit the SolidWorks subscription support website at We...
3
3

Repost - Mirror Components in Assemblies Issue
An interesting procedure was posted by Keith Streich, but some time had passed since the OP, and I was afraid it would be buried. Keith's post is shown below. Bill Allemann It's not perfect and would...
8
8

Extrude Feature "From"
I created a Boss Extrude feature and used the "From>Offset" to start the extrude. How can I control this offset distance outside of the extrude feature properties (equation, DT, etc.)? Also, while I...
6
6

Looking for Point Cloud 3D Scanning Services
I know this is OT, but does anybody have any experience getting large parts laser scanned? I need to find somebody who has the capability to scan a large fiberglass molded canopy type object, and...
6
6

Looking for a Tutorial or Presentation on "Knurling"
Can someone here please tilt me in the right direction towards a Tutorial or a Power Point Presentation on the technique of knurling ? For some reason I cannot find any literature, anywhere on the...
3
3

Spinning vs Deep Drawn
I need to form some aluminum, and would like to know whether it would be better to spin it or deep draw it. Can somebody give me suggestions on how to choose? Can anybody recommend a company that does...
2
2

My New Blog
Hello All- Here is a link to my new Blog: Regards, Devon T. Sowell
4
4

PDMW 2006 Issues
I just ran into another significant bug today in PDMW. There are 3 separate issues related to working copy. 1) Using "working copy" renders "as built" useless (this is a major issue for those of you...
14
14

Is there a d/l site for bicycle parts?
Hi, I'm new to Soldiworks and need some help. I'm building my own bicycle. Is there a download site that has some of the parts I need for a 24 in. bike? I made the frame and then I looked at my...

Creation of New Files
Hello everyone. I've had an issue that has been eating away at me for some time now. I'm currently running SW 06 s.p.4.1 in conjunction with PDMWorks but I've noticed this problem at least since the...
1
1

LCD Options
I am in the market for a LCD monitor to add to my Dell Precision M70. It has the WUXGA (1920x1200) display and 2GB ram. I work with 50-60MB assemblies in SW06 generally in shaded mode but sometimes in...
2
2

SW 2006 Bend Notes - how do you get the included angle?
I just started using SolidWork 2006, and I was excited about the new Bend Notes feature. We always had a bend table shown on the drawing, that needed to be manually entered (bend radius, included...
4
4

IGES problem-the imported open curves
Hello: I got a problem when I imported a IGES files generated from a CAD system. Since the curves in the file are not closed (i.e. the last points are not linked to the first one), I can only make a...
5
5

Conversion to dwg question...
I have a particular client who uses AutoCAD, and it was agreed upon that upon completetion of the project and after final changes, that they recieve CAD files for the entire job. I have no problem...