Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Borrowing licenses
I have a question regarding the use of floating licenses on a network USB dongle and borrowing. For us borrowing licenses to other machines is a fital issue. According to our VAR borrowing could be...
6
6

Floworks
Hello, I=B4ve a problem with some anyone know which is the way to define an internal fan?. I make a disc for example to model the fan, then i select internal fan, one of the disc=B4s faces to the...

New Blog
I have started a SolidWorks Blog to share and discuss ideas and topics related to the SolidWorks and the MCAD community. Check it out at Comments will no doubt shape the future content as I develop it...
1
1

Any Syngergis Adept users here? "Server Busy" message
We are running Syngergis Adept 6 on a virtual server. When opening large assys or drawings, we get a "Server Busy - Switch/Retry" window that pops-up. If I click on Retry, the window keeps popping up....

References in assemblies 2006 sp 4.1
Hey all I'm confused. I have an assembly with a assembly sketch. In a part I have a sketch. I would like to set a line length equal to a line in the assembly sketch. I can only do this if the part...
2
2

drawing templates
How can I get a drawing sheet template (*.drwdot) to insert as a second sheet in my drawing? If you right click on the tab of the first sheet and say 'add sheet' it brings up a GUI that only allows...
2
2

deform examples
I know this has been asked here before, but it's been a while. I'd like to see what someone thinks is a good example of the Deform feature, either Point, Curve to Curve or Surface Push. I don't need...
14
14

Combine body and no dimensions in drawing
I've got a part that is constructed by several extrudes in one direction, and an extrude at 90 degrees (as a separate body) that is used with a combine/common feature to create the net shape of the...

moving dbworks from access to sql server: howto?
i couldn't find instructions in the online help. i've dealt with databases many times before and my var said that it's a "quite simple and straightforward thing to do", but long enough not to be...
1
1

i need help
A cylinder has a slot for a cam follower. By making cut - sweep (rectangle over helical path) I do not know how to make the rounded ends (made by milling cutter) that are tangent to the upper and...
3
3

Spring Tutorial or Presentation
Does anyone here know of a tutorial or presentation on the finer points of spring making? In particular, I need to learn to create a "flat" first and last coil. If the diameter of the spring wire...
2
2

Vote for the June PhotoWorks Contest Winner
The images for the June PhotoWorks rendering contest have been posted. Visit to vote for your favorite. Thanks to all those that submitted an image and are voting.
4
4

Subscription Portal = Enhancements
Just for grins let's flood the new subscription portal with an enhancement request to make SW able to export SW models to previous versions of SW. Why? This topic seems to not have a set of convenient...
10
10

Engineering Drawing Book
I'm currently in college for Mechanical Engineering and was wondering if there was a good book that had Drawing standards that are used? Also are there any other books that I should get? Thanks!
3
3

Dimension Normal
I was detailing a rectangular tube the other day in which the ends of the tube are cut-off at an angle to form a parallelogram. I wanted to dimension the overall cut length of the tube. There does not...
9
9