Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

mating planes
Someone help me plese. Excuse my Englis. I am treying to learn Solidworks planes, not eazy. Will someone plese explain to me what means to mate two planes together and why is this needed first of all....
10
10

A question I should know the answer to but dont...
I really should know the answer to this one, but dont.... So here I am on my new macbook, and have a choice between OpenGL and Direct3D. What would you recommend and why? Ben
11
11

low $$ desktop for swx
I need to upgrade my old desktop and I wonder if anyone has suggestions on what would be a good value economy rig these days? I've been using my laptop for the last year or two, but I want to get the...
1
1

Need Good Laptop
I'm using SWX in my desktop, but I would like to get a laptop to use when traveling. What do you recommend? I would like to get good and fairly inexpensive laptop to load SWX2004. I need some...
11
11

Possible to check if an add-in is enabled using API ?
I have a PDF macro that relys on the "Save As PDF" addin in SW 2005. If the user doesnt have the addin enabled, and runs the macro, it acts like it saves the PDF, but it doesnt generate the PDF. Is...
4
4

OT: coping of C channels
Hi all, I'm wondering if someone here knows: What setback would be used to cope a welded C joint (like a C100x8). This is a case where a C is to be welded perpendicular to the opening of another C...

Formatting Toolbar Pop-up
Is there any way to prevent the formatting toolbar from popping up every time I create or edit a note. I rarely use it, and it seems to be a little sluggish to actually pop-up and to disappear when...
3
3

solidworks highlight problem
Dear all, Now I can access the edge entity from solidworks, but I could not highlight it by its API, I am using C++, so I would like to ask if there is any people could give me some suggestion. The...
2
2

SolidWorks 2007 Beta4
Solidworks 2007 Beta4 is available in the subscription site.
14
14

Translation
Need a program to translate *.cdk file. Any suggestions? Seems to be a cadkey program?
1
1

How do I roll-back a revision using SW revision tables?
I added to many revisions to a revison table. How can I rollback a revision? When I remove a row, it doesnt reset the revision number back. EX. I have a revision table with 3 revisions. I added a 4th...
5
5

Create New Toolbar
Is there a way to create a new toolbar within SolidWorks for common company macros? -I've asked my VAR who suggested that I simply clear out an existing toolbar to replace it with my own buttons. I...
6
6

Machinist Training
I'd ask this on but that group's too scary. We are not a machine shop (although we do have a Delta drill press) but I've been begging for a shop lathe for years. So now we're buying a really large...
15
15

XMLPropWorks
Greetings all, In the past I had written various VB routines for managing my custom property data. unfortunately, it seemed that every new customer had different requirements for such, so the versions...
40
40

I am lost and need help - SW to excel and back
First let me say this is my first post and I am a newbee...... Problem I am having is that I am a self taught VB writer and the company I work for is too cheap to send me to any classes, I know enough...
6
6