Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dimensions in outer space ;-)
I've got a 30" radius and a 35" radius that are vertical to one another and they are 1" apart on that vertical centerline. I'd like to use foreshortened radii so I can get the dim's down on the...
2
2

SolidWorks Subscription
Hi All, I started a blog a couple of weeks ago and I posted my thoughts on the SolidWorks subscription service this morning. I thought this might be an appropriate time to do so since the new...
5
5

Teamcenter VIS Mockup rendering
Hi, nobody knows how to obtain a photorealistic render with animation made with the TeamCenter Visualization Mockup? Some external plugin or software.? thank you in advance
1
1

CNC Output Macro needed
I need a SolidWorks macro for controlling 2-axis CNC milling machine. Thanks for any help you can give! Juanjo
6
6

Open PDF from Macro
What is the easiest way of opening PDF file from macro? This does not work on all computers because different versions of Acrobat installed on different computers -- Shell("C:Program FilesAdobeAcrobat...
6
6

converting an IGES file to solid part
I have an object to be scanned by lazer scanner. The file that I get is IGES file and would like to convert that file to solid part with 2006 SolidWorks. I also like to bring that IGES file in...
2
2

cavity question
I need to make a cavity in a component, so within the assembly, I used the cavity feature on BlockA, referencing a casting that is in the top level assembly. In another configuration, I need to move...
7
7

OT - looking for an old technical publication
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of "The inertia Forces and Couples and Their Balancing of the Star Type Engine" by K. Tanaka? Published around 1925.
3
3

API nonsense
Argh. I want to write a macro to reset the view toggles when bringing in older parts into v2005. I use the macro recorder to create the framework. Everything works great, except "View Parting lines"....
6
6

OT - ASME Tolerance
Can anyone help? I urgently need to find out the tolerance on the OD of nominal bore stainless pipe to ASME B36.19M. Having a problem with a supplier. The pipe in question is 1 1/4" Schedule 10S....
4
4

render contours - missing contours
When I do 'render contours' I often see that contours are missing. Does anyone have this problem? There are no errors with the model and this problem often occurs on fillets.
1
1

2D drawings - Surface body
Is it possible to create sectional view of a "Surface body" in 2D drawing? SW 2006, SP5.0 Thanks, J.Rathakrishnan
7
7

Tapped hole depth display
Is there a way with cosmetic threads in a hole to show how deep the thread extends. I find it a pain when adding fasteners to an assembly to find out whether the fastener is too long and might have...
1
1

Solidworks on Dell Precision M65
Looking at getting the Dell Precision M65 and wanted to see if any one has one or has any experience with one running Solidworks. I know they are pretty new but thought I would put it out there before...
5
5

Relations
Hello, Recently I switch to SWX2006 from 2004. When modifying a sketch, you get these little blue squares showing relations. Sometimes they get on the way, blocking dimensions or other features. Is...
5
5