Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Subscription stuff up
I just tried logging into support hoping for a new service pack and SolidWorks have changed the website. When I get to the new support page I'm informed that "Active Subscription Service contract...
12
12

Rotate 2 windows Simultaniously
If anyone has ever used the Compare Geometry command in SW Utilities, you know that after the analysis is complete, there are 3 windows tiled on the screen. You can then rotate, zoom, pan, etc. from...
2
2

Help with measuring multiple sectional areas
I have some metallic drawn (as in drawn in a punch press) parts that I'd like to compare component sectional areas on. Is there a quick method to do this? I've been placing planes at evenly spaced...
1
1

drawings freeze up
I am inserting/adding a view of my assembly in a new drawing and Solidworks seems to freeze up. The timer is showing but the screen freezes. This assembly is no larger than others and the parts have...
2
2

Tooling Slpits in Solidworks... Earliest version it was available?
I have been a SW user since SW2001Plus, but I have just started using it for Mold design..I was wondering when these tools were added...SW2005??
1
1

external thread
How can I make external thread visible by bolts. I am just starting with SW. Thanks in advance AD
4
4

Multiple copies
I just switched from SWX2004 to 2006. When using 2004, in the sketcher mode, it was easy to make multiple copies, like when making a thread. Sketch 1 thread a make multiple copies to cover the length...
2
2

What Happened To My Sketch Corner Icons?
The icons in the upper right corner of part sketchs that allow me to close the sketch, or close it without saving are gone. Can someone tell me how to get them back? SW 2006 SP 3.4 Thanks,
3
3

Strange drawing behavior
I have got a drawing that has 16 views (named, projected, sections, details, etc.). There is two views, and a child section view from one of them, that when I hover my mouse over them, my curser turns...
6
6

Welding I Beams at the corners
Good Morning All- I'm designing a Framework for a processing plant. I'm using W12 x 26 section I beams. They form a horizontal square 12' x 12'. I'm looking for data/examples showing the welded...
6
6

photoworks problem
Often, when I open an image of a render (rendered with a white background) in Photoshop to crop it I notice that the image has an area of white, then an area that appears transparent (showing the...
6
6

External threads
Other than a sentence or two under "cosmetic threads" I can't find anything in the help file regarding external threads and their creation. Can someone direct me in the right direction.
2
2

Problem constraining Flat head screws?
I have tried several things to position a flat head screw, but without success. Is there a trick to this? The top of the screw should be below the surface of the part. The edge between the shoulder...
6
6

Too Early to Evaluate WinXP 64 w/SolidWorks?
Hey All: I work at a company manufacturing large semiconductor equipment. Currently, we are using XP32 and 3 - 4 GB RAM on our Dell 450/460 systems, with Quadro video from 700 to 3400. Because of the...
2
2

What shop is it?
Maybe this has been done..?? In SW 2006 sp4.1 .. build a flat square and extrude.. around 4.8" seems to work best. Change the material to PBT General Purpose... Turn on 'RealView' On two of the...
3
3