Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Use configuration specific color
Does this work, because when I uncheck it and say ok, it still is checked if I go back into the properties, what am i missing here?
2
2

Animating rotations
When animating rotational movements my products always seem to sporadically flip upside down when all the mates I have set should disallow it. Any tips in preventing this?
1
1

Gauge Table & Design Table
Does anybody use the 'Gauge Table' or a 'Custom Gauge Table' when they are building sheet metal parts? Does anybody use a 'Gauge Table' in conjunction with a 'Design Table'? When the two are used...

MARISUG Meeting
The Mid-Atlantic Region Independent SolidWorks Users Group (MARISUG) is meeting from 6:30 to 9:00 PM, on Wednesday, June 14th. The meeting is being held at Prism Engineering, 723 Electronic Dr, Suite...

Mechanisms DVD
I'm trying to design a mechanism that is quite difficult to think through so I'm looking in a mechanism book for some inspiration. Sometimes it takes a while to work out the funtions from just...
6
6

Dimensioning a Hexagon
In the event that this is a dumb question, this group has my apologies. I am always having a problem dimensioning a hexagon. It seems that if I add more than one dimension, SWX gives me an...
6
6

Weld beads and redraw required?
Hello, I have just tried to use the weld bead function. Everything is ok until I re-open the assembly with these weld beads in. They all have the traffic light rebuild symbol on them. All the in...
1
1

View SW custom properties in Windows Explorer?
I've Googled the NG and still haven't found a satisfactory answer. Right-clicking a SW file gives access to SW custom props in a dialogue box, but I'd like to have a column in Win explorer show at...
7
7

File conversion to NCC
I am learning Solidworks and working on a machine with SW 2004. I just made my first part, a simple bracket about 8" long with two holes drilled on the ends. A friend has a CNC machine and he says it...
1
1

NISWUG meeting June 14th
The Northern Indiana SolidWorks User Group meeting is scheduled for June 14th. On the agenda are two tech sessions: Why Things Fail by a Purdue Prof. and illustrated with SW and various FE codes. Top...

Hard drive setup question
With two equal hard drives, what is the best (fastest) config for Solidworks? OS on C: (a given in this case). Virtual mem (scratch file) on D: ??? SWX program on C: ??? SWX part files, etc on D: ???...
10
10

Joystick in Solidworks
I do mainly drawing work so don't see the need for the spaceball and was wondering if anyone has successfully used a joystick or something similar to control solidworks? I think one of those joysticks...
3
3

FILE CONVERSION- dgn and dvg
Has anybody had to convert SW drawings to these two formats? I believe one is Bentley's Microstation. TIA

Design table or equation, 4in pitch on diameter that changes
I have a large ring that changes in size there will be holes along the circumference the pitch is 4.000 center to center around the complete diameter what might be the best way so this updates, number...
2
2

CREATE A SOLIDWORKS PORPERTY WITH MULTIPLE PROPERTIES
I would like to have a colum in my BOM that calls in multiple properties, ie: the material type, specification, description etc. I would like it to appear as a sngle string of text. I understand you...
9
9