Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Drawing Feature Manager Option
I'm running SolidWorks 2006 and everytime I click on a part in a drawing the property manager shows up on the left. I'm used to running 2004 and on that when you were in the drawing and clicked on a...
2
2

3D motion controller
I've got on loan a 3D Connexion Space Traveller (£125 + VAT in the UK) and I love it! I've not used one of these devices before, but I find it completely intuitive. It also has some extra cool...
14
14

FeatureWorks - interactive mode
Can someone please explain how to use the "interactive" mode in FeatureWorks? I find the automatic recognition does not produce the results I would like, but I can't get the interactive mode to...
3
3

Graphics/display question
When an assembly reaches a certain size, the shaded display of some components (principally cylindrical ones) changes to rectangular blocks when I dynamically rotate the view. Is there a way of...
3
3

Michigan Jobs
I am a Senior Designer with 8 years SolidWorks experience and broad industry exposure and would like to relocate in Michigan. Would anyone have any thoughts, ideas, and/or suggestions for locating a...
11
11

Chamfer on surface body
I can't believe I haven't tried this before. Is it possible to put chamfer on surface body, just like fillet? sw 2006 sp.4.0
1
1

Toolbox - Drop File Error
We are having a problem when dragging and dropping Toolbox parts. Our browser configuration is set to "No Copy (always use master part file). The Toolbox resides on a server with all the related...
1
1

Re: Inserting Model Items
Right click the dim; click properties and pick "foreshortened radii"...
8
8

COMMENT-SW Version independent models
We've been told this couldn't be done (making SW backward compatible), but we are getting models from a vendor that are SW version independent. What they are doing is sending a macro that builds the...
8
8

random lines missing from drawings
I'm trying to create a drawing of an exploded view but the drawing is randomly missing lines from the model. If I orientate the assembly a different way or do a named view lines dissapear in other...
1
1

Error with word document in drawing...
Have an interesting minor (but agitating) problem. I have SWx 2006, 4.1 recently installed on a new PC. I've always had my notes on the drawing in Word, and have always edited them in the drawing by...
3
3

Make edge Horizontal in a drawing view
Hi All, I'm working on a drawing of an assenbly at the moment. I want to rotate the view to make a particular edge horizontal, but when I do, it's 180=B0 the wrong way. If I rotate the drawing 180=B0...
2
2

question~ SolidWorks 2005 API: using IGetChildren
I have a question about using IGetChildren in SolidWorks 2005 API in Visual C++ 6.0 Suppose I have an Assembly file containing 3 part files. I would like to use the IGetChildren function to get the...

TIP: Modifying the Toolbox via importing spreadsheet data.
Following on the heels of my complaint about not being able to use some advanced functionality in SolidWorks 2006, I have now successfully exported, modified (wholesale) and reimported data to allow...
3
3

OT - Googlegroups how to block banquer and cliff?
Sorry for the off-topic post but I can't find anything on google groups for this. I need to block banquer and cliff. The drivel banquer starts and cliff finishes is really a detriment to this group....
1
1