Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

disapearing material properties...
I have an assembly that has gone through design and modification over a two-year period. All the components had a material assigned at the time of original design. Calculated weight of the assembly...

Adding Textures
I have located the directory that holds the relevent textures: C:Program FilesSolidWorksdataImages extures but when I add a misc folder for my images, I cant see them in the tree options. How can I...
1
1

going over to the dark side
took a new job; a week of vacation and then I start using Inventor.... Probably won't be around the newsgroup much for a while, but I've found it to be a great resource...thanks to all of you for the...
5
5

Where can I find free 3D Model of a V8 Motor????
Hi, I'm looking for a descent model of any V8 motor to use as a logo graphic in a racing boat that I drew up in SolidWorks. I've been looking around and I don't really want to spend a bunch of cash on...

A few SW modeling questions
Been using the app on and off at work for a few months. I have a few questions answered that would really have an impact my workflow. First the best way to create more organic forms like say, sea...
4
4

SolidWorks Greenhorn
I've just built 10 parts and all of them seem to be fully defined, but I've noticed that all my drawings show "Under Defined" "Editing Sheet 1" on the status bar even though I've got them dimensioned...
2
2

Can you set a default "Save" directory in SolidWorks?
I did a searh for threads on this topic, but they were several SW releases back. Has SolidWorks ever fixed this problem. It seems like alot of people made enhancment request for this. Im using SW...
4
4

Editing Excel BOM in separate window?
Is it possible to edit Excel BOM's in a separate Excel window? I'm sure I used to be able to do this either by a checkbox or by right clicking but can't find out how to do this in 2006. John Layne
9
9

step export-hidden surfaces
When I export a mold design to my customers, I often use step AP214. I also often use surfacing techniques to develop my p/l's and to do my split. These surfaces are always hidden by the time I...
2
2

How to creat an image or a solid body?
Dear CADers, I have a question about how to make an image or a 3-dimensional geometry only by using the bunch of x,y,z points. Is it possible to generate the image in the SoldWorks or any other cad...
4
4

Who do you use for online machining
Who do you guys use for online machining? I have some stainless steel parts that need to be prototyped and it would be nice to have a system like 'print 3d' in the file menu in solidworks for getting...
5
5

Drawings running way slow
Since I have been working here, for the most part I have been a "one man show" in the design room. We used to have a second designer here that is no longer with us. While he was working here we...
17
17

pros and cons in SolidWorks
What are the pros and cons of using SolidWorks? Because i am thinking of getting it, a friend recommenced it but i want to see what other people think about this program. -Adriel
25
25

Boot Camp = WinXP + Mac OSX on MacIntels
Bo, So now that we have had a couple of months on the Mac. How are things? Any big problems, andy small annoyances other than what was mentioned in the last run on this topic? Recomendations that may...
7
7

Weldment Presentation, One Day Summit, Boston June 20
Hello- I'm scheduled to give a Weldment presentation this June 20 at the Boston One Day Summit. I encourage everyone to attend this Summit. Here is a link for more information: 'm looking for...
2
2