Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Macro from Config to Part
Hello Group One time I saw a macro that can take configurations of a part and save them into individual Parts. I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Singh S
10
10

UNBENDING SHEET METAL
I have a question for the sheet metal experts here. I have a sheet metal part with a broad radius. I created the part by drawing the radius as a thin feature base bend, then I created a cut extrude to...
9
9

Steel Frame Building Model
I want to make a graphic for a flier of a steel frame building. If you have a simple structural frame building that you can share I would appreciate it. I can make one but if someone already has it I...

3D Trees?
I need to place some trees in an Architectural model I've done. No trees in 3DCC - does anyone know of any other source. My own versions look a bit clunky - especially the pine tree Jerry
7
7

Newcomer to Solidworks question
Will someone kindly tell me what condition or conditions would have to exist whereby Solidworks WILL NOT allow the offset of a plane by ctrl and drag. I encounter this situation sporadically, and I...
6
6

SW2007 Beta 3 available,...
SW2007 Beta 3 available,... if you got time to kick the tires? ..
3
3

MathCAD connection
Greetings, Without any of the recently published add-ins for doing so, is there any way to get MathCAD to drive dimensions in a SolidWorks model? I've looked around a bit and this one seems to be...
2
2

Convert assy to part
I searched this topic on the list, maybe it's there, but I could not find it. How do I take an assy file and convert it so that the assy becomes a single part? Thanks in advance.
2
2

Postings seem to disappear from comp.cad.solidworks
In the last few days, postings seems to disappear. For example, the postings titled "I need to get 72 photo renders done over the next few weeks". First, I got the message "These postings are no...
2
2

BOM query
Consider the following assembly structure:- ASSY 1 DUMMY SUBASSY 1 REAL SUBASSY 1 PART 1 PART 2 PART 3 PART 4 PART 5 DUMMY SUBASSY 1 REAL SUBASSY 1 PART 1 PART 2 PART 3 PART 4 PART 5 PART 3 PART 4...
5
5

Newbie needs help
What's the easiest way to place a keyway onto a round shaft? I tried dragging one of the keyways from the Design Library but it wants to be placed on a planar face. I thought using a reference plane...
3
3

"SolidWorks 3D meeting" No Support??
Hi, im still working with SW2003 sp5 cos we have developed a great PDM-system that does not works in SW 2004-2006. My questions: Does anyone know if SolidWorks are still supporting "SolidWorks 3D...
5
5

"This document could not be printed." error
Hi everyone, I need some help. I am a network admin so forgive me for not knowing SolidWorks too well. I have a user that has SolidWorks 2006 with SP 4.1. He uses the save as function to create a PDF...
1
1

Text below the dimension line
Is it possible to have a dimension where the value is above the line and any text is below the line? See crude representation below. I'm on 2006sp4.1 | 532 | |---------| | NOTE | | | Also, are there...
3
3

Do you use 3D CAD Libraries?
I'm thinking about hiring Part Solutions, Thomas Register or GlobalSpec to draw my client, SKF Precision Technologies', dovetail and hardened way slides in all native 3D formats. Is this a good...
6
6