Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Does "Import" not work when editing standards data?
I'm working "direct" now for a company now and am transitioning them to SolidWorks from AutoCAD, and I'm working in SolidWorks 2005. Perhaps 2006 or the Beta of 2007 has the following problem fixed,...

E-drawing color off
Sent an e-drawing to a client of an audio case. Mostly black with some aluminum parts. The outside frame on my e-drawings came up green. His showed fine when he opened it. ???? Saved several files and...
5
5

Drag and Coefficent of Drag in Cosmosfloworks
Hi For one of my projects, I need to test various shapes and designs in order to caculate Drag and Coefficent of drag. I see an option in Fluent such as Monitor -> Forces Cd(coeff of drag), but I do...
6
6

I need to get 72 photo renders done over the next few weeks
Does anyone have suggestions on how to automate the process? Also would this work when using a plug-in like Maxwell? I have a studio setup for Photoworks that I have had success with for a small run...
2
2

I need to get 72 phot renders done over the next few weeks
Does anyone have suggestions on how to automate the process? Also would this work when using a plug-in like Maxwell? I have a studio setup for Photoworks that I have had success with for a small run...
7
7

Cam Follower Mate HELP Please !!!
Hello, Sorry to post this again, but this is a BIG Problem... especially if you use Cam Follower Mates! And to add more insult my var is off doing promotional work, I met them yesterday at a show/demo...
3
3

Hole Table Question
Anyone know how to setup a hole table as follows: Insert a hole table with TAG, X , Y & SIZE values (SOLIDWORKS TEMPLATE DEFAULT) For example: Hole [TAG][ XLOC][YLOC][SIZE] [ A1 ][ -1.00 ][ 4.00 ][...
4
4

LARGE ASSY. - Dragging from WE turns on LA mode
I just ran across something I have never seen. Dragging a part into an assembly from Windows Explorer turns on Large Assembly Mode.
1
1

PDM Works Enterprise = Conisiso ?
I know that Conisio was purchased by SolidWorks earlier this month, but I wasnt sure how they were going to use it Looks like PDM Works Enterprise is Conisio. One of the screenshots in the PDF below...
1
1

HELP-Best Method for Tubular Frame?
A dune buggy is my next project. What is the best way for SW to handle the weld joints? Example-Do I make the sweeps for the roll-cage with perpinducular ends, then use intersecting surfaces from the...
5
5

Cam Mate Problems
Hi, I am having trouble with a Cam Mate.

The Best Laptop
I'm looking for recommendations for the best laptop for running Solidworks. I will be doing a lot of remote cad work and wish for a laptop that won't hinder my Solidworks cad experience. Positive and...
11
11

solidworks shopping: Are there any cheaper outlets?
In the Northeast, do resellers have any price flexibility? If so, who has the best price for 2006?
3
3

"File already exist" dialog no longer comes up in VB ?
Ive been using SW 2004 (yes, I know), and are getting ready to switch to SW 2005. Im testing some of our macros out, and a couple are behaving differently. We have a PDF saver macro. Click the button,...
1
1

SWP files stored on a network drive, getting locked by users?
We have several SWP files stored on a network drive for all users to access. Whenever we update a macro, we simply overwrite the old SWP file. Sometimes I get a window stating that the file is in use....
7
7