Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

child model
Where could I find a Solidworks model of a child?... maybe even just the head. (preferably for free). I've tried 3Dcontentcentral but nothing there. Thanks.
5
5

Anyone having DWGeditor 2006 menu problems?
I recently updgraded to SW 2006 SP4.1. Ever since I upgraded, the menu is not not showing up properly. For example, Under FILE, there is NEW and thats it... The other menu items are MODIFY, WINDOW,...

Should I upgrade to 2006?
The time is getting close to upgrading (or in this case downgrading) to 2006. Here is the issue. I am trying to get my people to use custom properties. The SW interface isn't particularly friendly,...
14
14

CT Mechanical Designer PT, Short term
Evo Design LLC is looking for a Mechanical Designer with proficiency in Solidworks (2001 and up) to fill a short term need (1-3 weeks initially, but could go longer). Position is in-house in...

METRIC TAP ON INCH DRAWING
For the following examples, where INCHES is the default dimensions for a drawing, which METRIC TAP call-out is correct according to ANSI/ISO standards, or your company practice? You'll have to pretend...
3
3

SECTION VIEW LABELS
Does anyone know if there is a standard for placing section view labels, in the plan view to be sectioned. For example, for SECTION A-A, SolidWorks places the letter A in front of the view arrows. My...
2
2

Milwaukee Area SolidWorks User Group Meeting Notice
SolidWorks Milwaukee Area Resource Team Please visit to register Milwaukee Area SolidWorks Users Group Meeting Tuesday June 6th 2:30pm - 6:00pm Join us at: Huffy Sports Complex A division of Russell...
3
3

Breaking external refs
I've inserted a part into another part, and then broken the external reference, but it still "knows" that the ref used to exist. This is messing things up further down the line . Is it possible to...
3
3

Selection by color
SW2006 SP4.1 I have imported an assy that has some trash that I don't want, and that particular trash is a unique color. Is there a way to filter/select only those items that match that color so I can...
3
3

Ribbon Cable through 90 degree mitre bend
I need to model a computer ribbon cable through a 90 mitre bend ( the one where it is folded over to change direction by 90 degrees but still in the flat plane of the ribbon) I just can't seem to get...
4
4

How to include parts of main-assembly in drawings of sub-assembly?
Hiya all, What I'm trying to do is to create a drawing of a sub-assembly, with BOM included and all. But here's where it differs, I want to include certain components from the main assembly into the...
2
2

Complex Shapes in machine design
I'm interested in examples of complex shapes in machine design or industrial applications. I'm not talking about plastic parts or consumer products. Stuff like cams, involute gears, pump or compressor...
2
2

I'm just wandering...
Is there someone who is looking for a good Solidworks API programmer? I'm looking for a job in this field. I'm tired to do programming as a second priority or just for fun. Skills & Experience: - API...
4
4

March PhotoWorks Contest Deadline
The March PhotoWorks contest entry deadline is March 26th. You have 8 days to submit your entry. Visit for entry submissions and details.
7
7

Start making money with this free virtual mall.
Buy & sell electronics, cars, clothes, collectibles & more on eBay, the world's online marketplace. Top brands, low prices & free shipping on many items.
1
1