Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Slightly OT -- A comment about SW stability
I have been having fits cleaning up a large assembly. About once an hour CTDT. My boss asked how I was doing and coming from a farm background made the comment about SW, " A steer can try....."
1
1

Ability to check out documents to a specified sub-folder in PDM Local Data
Does anyone know of a way to check out a project to a sub-folder in PDM, without having to change the "default save in folder for Open and Check out" in the PDMWorks - Client Options? This would be a...
1
1

solidworks job-hood river, oregon
Interested in working full-time, year round at a small, dynamic high-tech company in Hood River, OR? See for details on what we do, and what you would do. Hood River is about 55miles east of Portland,...
5
5

Overwrite dialog no longer comes up in SW 2005 (VB macro)
I have (2) macros that I use to automatically save a file to a certain directory. The first macro saves the flat pattern as a DXF file and the second macro saves a drawing as a PDF to a certain...
1
1

Maxwell tutorial ??
Where can I find a Maxwell tutorial .. please help. I need to build a model of synchronous engine, and i need to determine specialtransfer functions of this engine. Specially i need to know how to...

[HELP] Dimension in 1/100 mm in SolidWorks
Hi All, A customer make me some problems because he would work in 1/100mm and not mm (he would see 830 ant not 8.30 for a dimension !!!! ) But this unity is not a SI ( european )standard. I have found...
4
4

API:how to get the bom tables of a view?
Now I use VC++ 6.0 and Solidworks 2005 SP5.0 to develop a solidworks integration, but I got a problem: Suppose there is a drawing which contains only one view, then in the solidworks menu, execute...
2
2

Design Checker
Is anybody else using 'Design Checker'? If so, does anybody else have a problem with not recognizing a custom material database?

64bit Solidworks routing
Is anyone here using routing in Solidworks 64? We have recently bought a system with XP64 on it and Solidworks is crashing EVERYTIME I open a part from an assy file with routing turned on. I can open...
1
1

Testing new employee's ...
This is a continuance of the story in Catalyst magazine on finding the good and identifying the bad CAD user when hiring. Very good article by Robert Green, all should read this informative article....
19
19

Solidworks Opening on 787 - Everett
Pilot Control Flight Deck Designer For 787 Salary: Open Length of Contract: 6 Months Location: Everett (client of Boeing) Technical Skills Needed: Senior (5-10 years experience), including Boeing...
4
4

Public thanks to Matt Lombard from WNC-SWUG
Matt was the featured speaker at the May meeting of the Western North Carolina SolidWorks User Group. Even though the projector was late getting to the meeting, Matt remained poised and delivered an...
2
2

Copying whole project, Assemblies, Parts and all Drawings
So does anybody have a way to copy a whole project where you can copy an assembly and all it's parts, and have Solidworks find all the drawings to those parts and assembly and copy those too? Richard
6
6

dynamic blocks
I am learning how to use dynamic blocks and am working with a drawing where the blocks have already been created and I am just inserting these into it. My problem is that when I go to insert what...

O.T. Revision changes
Slightly off topic but, I am wondering if most of you make a revision change to a higher level assembly or weldment when a sub-component is revised? I work for a job shop and some of our customers do...
5
5