Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

REVCLOUD command
By Jos van Doorn We've got a very interesting command. The REVCLOUD command. The commands has get to do with drawing a revision cloud. Using the REVCLOUD command you can draw a revision cloud. To...
1
1

Rhino to Solidworks question
I have a file translation question. I built a water tight Rhino model and exported it as an IGES. A tool company imported the model into Solidworks, with no errors, it showed up as 4 solid bodies. The...
6
6

3D reverse engineering source
provides wide ranging 3D scanning and reverse engineering services. If anyone needs to capture almost any physical object into 3D for digital design and analysis purposes, see

Is there a way to profile a cut on a sphere surface
I'm stumped, been trying to do this for 2 weeks now, think I'll go bald before I figure it out so I'm asking the experts, it's got me beat and I'm fast running out of time. Here's the problem, I have...
9
9

Parts "stuck" being transparent in an assembly
I right-clicked a part in a subassembly of an assembly, and toggled "change transparency". After a couple hours, I didn't want it to be transparent anymore. But, guess what? SW won't let me change it...
2
2

Merging 2 or more parts
Hello, Is there a way to weld or make 2 or more components as 1? I'm using SWX2004 Thank you
2
2

Lectra to dxf converter needed (urgent u can get $5000!!!)
Hi all, I am a manager in an apparel factory in Noida, India. We have been using Lectra software for our designs. Recently we have changed our design software. Now we are facing some problem in...

automatic inferencing
I am running SW 2005, I set automatic relations in tools but my inferencing is still not working? Anybody know why?? Thanks Bill H.
5
5

New Machine for sw2006
Looking for a new machine to run 2006 version of SW.. The questions at hand are?? Are dual core processors worth the extra money? Does the 32 bit version Use them? We are looking at the 64 bit version...
5
5

drawing view scale property
This was discussed back in 2003, and Mike Wilson provided a work around (copied below, thanks, Mike) but has SW added access to the view scale property since then? The work around gets the job done,...

Sp 4.1 drawings with excel bom
Since early april when Sp 4.0 came out we've been having troubles opening large assembly drawing. A 10 meg 5 page drawing that took 20 sec to open with sp 3.4 now takes about 10 mins in sp 4.0 and sp...
7
7

Toolbox bearing codes
I regularly need to add in radial ball bearings (and other types also) to my designs, and it would seem that it ought to be quicker to do it using Toolbox. However, can someone please explain to me...
1
1

Internal part volume
Is there an easy way to calculate the internal volume of a part? I've read online and can't seem to find a reasonable way. Here is one description: "You can do this without the help of an assembly by...
11
11

Sketches disappear!
All of a sudden I can't see sketches, even consummed sketches. If I cursor over, they show. Even with sketches shown I can't view them. Any ideas?
6
6

Thoughts regarding a book for writing SolidWorks API using .Net
Hello All, I am thinking about writing a new book similar to the VB book I wrote some time ago for providing VB programmers a good reference when writing in .Net. I would like to make the examples in...
6
6