Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OTC [Offshore Technology Conference
sent this to SW on OTC pavillion: Dear SolidWorks Corporation: For what my opinion and a few well intentioned suggestions may be worth to you: I attended the OTC (Offshore Technology Conference) in...
16
16

License Server not available! Help!
Hello all. I have a problem with SW license server. Computers are Windows based (XP & Win2k3 Server). I have a license server on one location and I'm trying to start SolidWorks 2006 on another...
6
6

Unsurpress multiple files
Is there any way to unsurpress multilpe features in multiple different files at one time. Similar to a batch? I have a process where imported files are all surpressed and need to unsurpress Thanks in...
2
2

SolidWorks 2007 Beta 2 now available
SolidWorks=AE 2007 Beta 2 is now available for download for subscription customers. To download, visit the beta website at and click on "Downloads" in the left column of the beta page. NEW for Beta 2...

Auto Dimension in sketcher
Does any one know of a way to set auto dim to on when sketching instead of having to turn it on each time you sketch? Help would be appreciated.
3
3

ISO/DI view dims - orientation & appearance
Hey all, We're converting our ACAD schematic style piping drawings to SW using models built with SW Routing. In the ACAD dwgs, the text, arrows, dims are 'tilted' into the plane indicated by the...
1
1

benchmark 2005 my results, quadro FX1400, 6800GT, 7800GT 6800GT to Quadro
I am having trouble finding numbers to compare too if you can link me to results that would be great I HAVE CPU OVERCLOCKED 20% REAL STABLE, 2 GIG OF RAM, SATA DRIVE WONDERING HOW MY NUMBERS COMPARE?....
1
1

Adjust BOM row height?
I am using the standard BOM table. I usually want to adjust the size of the table. I can change the font. Is there a way to get the BOM table to readjust for smaller font? I currently have to manually...
2
2

Bone to pick Re: Suspended Rebuilds
Hello All, I'll soon be submitting an enhancement request and hope any of you who agree will echo it in regard to the current behavior of Suspended Rebuilds. Even with Large Assembly Mode active...

Insert Blocks problem (in drawing) sw06sp4
I have a drawing view in which I've previous used some blocks, but now I don't seem to have the function available. The blocks toolbar is greyed out. The menu Tools > Blocks has only Make, New, &...
3
3

ARRGH-Why can't custom property formats be more user configurable?
Tis the season to play with Custom Properties again. It is relatively easy to place the date a document was created in Custom Properties. Just type in $PRP:"SW-Created Date" and the date the document...
8
8

Keith Pedersen's Multi-Body presentation
No, I don't have it. I'm looking for it. Anyone? I'll trade something for it if need be. TIA, Matt

DEFAULT CONFIGURATIONS PROPERTIES
Whenever I make a new configuration, "Advanced options: Suppress new features and mates" checkbox is checked by default I find this option is almost never useful and I almost always have to uncheck...
2
2

wonky lofts in 2001+
Hello, I am trying to make an aesthetically pleasing outer casing for a client, and it's giving me a migraine. I have guide curves for the side profile, and cross-sections (made from splines) for the...
13
13

NE Ohio SolidWorks User Group Meeting
Just a quick announcement for our next meeting. Wednesday May 31st, 5:30pm, Nordonia Hills Public Library. Link to map at our website: Topic - Clearing Up Configuration Confusion