Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

May PhotoWorks Rendering Contest
The model files have been posted and the May photoWorks rendering contest is in full swing. To download the model visit . You have until May, 26th to submit your contest entry.
2
2

"Description" column when using open or save dialogue boxes
Is it possible to have SWX show the custom property "Description" when using the File Open/Save dialogue box? If I click on a file, it shows me the description for that one file, but I like to use the...

Extract cut list from drawing programatically using API (VB)
We are using SW2006 and need to extract the cut list of welded parts of a drawing the same way we do for BOMs. There are examples in the API to show how to do it for the BOMs themselves (i.e. 'Export...
3
3

Disappering Hatch
Group, Has any body noticed this ?? I am creating some blocks for our drawings. On some of them while editing the Block Definition I add a hatch pattern. It shows. As soon as I get out of edit block...
2
2

Unscrewing core draft analysis
I'm designing a part that needs an unscrewing core. For a straight pull part, we have draft analysis that works like a charm. How do you do an equivalent "draft analysis" for an unscrewing core? All I...
19
19

Applying color to "standard" materials
I've been using the new (to me at least) SolidWorks material capability and like it a lot but have one question. Is there a straightforward was of changing the color on a part level of a part. You...
4
4

Home office?
I'm thinking I can get more done at home (I used to work at home and loved it) and am trying figure out what to buy. I will be designing with Solidworks but also need MS Office. My assemblies aren't...
5
5

Sketched entities in Drawings
I am in a drawing and sketching a line vertically through a view to get a cross section...as soon as I click-click to draw the line, it disappears as soon as I let go of the mouse button. There is...
4
4

Unhide dims on drawing
Hello All, OK, maybe a stupid question, but can someone please tell me how to unhide a dim that I had hidden earlier. I know where they are but I can't seem to click on them to unhide. TIA, Muggs
4
4

Vector conversion
I have a couple of DXF files exported from Correll Draw and all the gemoetry is complex curves. Anyone have software (like Arbor Image) that would convert the geometry to lines/arcs and be willing to...
3
3

SW2006 Design Checker
Does anybody know of a god web site that explains in a little more detail, how to setup and use the 'Design Checker' in SW2006? Thanks, Richard
2
2

3D dwg files
Is it possible to import 3D dwg files. A supplier of ours keeps sending them to us, because the individual "parts" in an "assembly" (I'm using quotes because they all reside in the same Autocad dwg...
2
2

[mm] TRAILING ZEROS???
Question: Can anyone tell me what the standard is for showing trailing zeros when using metric dimensions? I am using inches as primary, and mm as secondary dual dimensions. With my current settings...
8
8

SW training books on ebay
I'm seeing a lot of SW training books on ebay recently. Are these books any good? It's hard to tell if they are the ones published by SolidWorks or by some guy with a color printer in his basement....

gasket sweep
Hi, I have a rather complex part that uses another (mating) part to create a gasket groove in it. I am using a cavity feature in the context of the assembly to create the groove (not in a single...
2
2