Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Driving a part's dimensions from another part
Hello, I am designing a model airplane and once completed, I would like to be able to have a separate part file that I can change certain dimensions such as wing span, fuselage length etc.......
11
11

loft surface area profile
Can someone help me out with this? I need a surface area profile (x,y plot) of a simple loft as I move along the axis of the loft. In other words, the surface area profile would start out at zero, and...
8
8

Unigraphics Compatibility
I am involved in a project where my deliverable is a set of Unigraphics 3-D files and 2-D drawing files. Does anybody know of some sort of converter, or how best to take the Solidworks files and...
9
9

modelling challenge : bellow as sheetmetal
one of our customers has a nice modelling challenge : model this bellow made of a textile material (like leather) in a way that it can be represented in folded/unfolded positions and such that it can...

dimension sizes
Where the option to allow a dimension value to shrink in size as you zoom in (when editing a sketch) instead of staying the same size and appearing a lot bigger than the model when zoomed?
2
2

graphics card issues?
I've just bought a new PC, mainly for rendering, but also some modelling (nvidia 6800 graphics card). I'm having a few problems with the screen display of Solidworks. When I do a render on screen the...
4
4

Looking for the best CAM software for punching
I'm looking to replace our present software, "Merrymech", that we're using for programming our punch presses, with something that works well with SolidWorks.

Changing contact info for Bob Hanson
Hello All, I have left Centare Group Ltd. to work for a biotech company in Madison, so my email address to be used is my hotmail account. Best regards, Bob Hanson
5
5

Balloon numbers linked to custom properties
G'day, I am trying to write a assembling procedure within the design journal of an assembly drawing and I want to refer to each part by it's respective balloon number. Trouble is that every time I...
6
6

A Maxwell Wiki (it maybe worth starting a PhotoWorks version)
I've just started a Maxwell Wiki which can be found at There is little content on it at the moment, contributions are very welcome. A PhotoWorks Wiki -- might be a good starting point for a virtual...
2
2

RAM FOR SW 2006
I have 504 ram on my computer, XP Pro, can I get by with this amount of RAM for SW 2006?
3
3

SW BOM balloon on a part file
Put a view of a part in a drawing, add a SW BOM to call out the material, such as FLAT BAR, 3/8" x 4" HRS. Now, say that you have 5 of these on a drawing and so you start the numbering of the first...
2
2

Installation Problem
I was getting the following error when trying to upgrade from 2006 sp4 to 2006 sp4.1 so I uninstalled sw2006 and now I get the same error trying to reinstall sw2006. Any suggestions? Error 1402, Could...
3
3

Conisio
just passing along this little tidbit, http://www.solidworks.com/pages/news/viewrelease.html?prid=362
16
16

Cheap basic laptop for sw2006
Help on laptop required for Maximum £650+Vat@17.5% What would be best for Solidworks? OS, Ram/ bigger hard drive, dvd writer, wireless etc.., can be added/upgraded later if needed, so is not an issue...
3
3