Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

3D Scanning, Reverse Engineering and Inspection Services ??
I gave a presentation at SolidWorks World on 3D Scanning. I am curious to know how many SolidWorks users use 3D scanning in-house or use 3D scanning service bureaus, and what experiences you had. We...

Mold Question - Vacuum Forming
Hello, I have never needed to design a mold before and now I have some questions which I need some help with. I am being asked to design a mold which can be used to vacuum form styrene in to cup like...

"JB got busted AGAIN"
Often I read on bulletin boards that Mastercam has more functionality than Gibbscam. This may have been true years ago but it is certainly not true today if...
8
8

The death of SolidWorks
death of SolidWorks is the steadfast refusal of SolidWorks Corp. to add the badly needed direct modeling tools. ]
9
9

Clueless upgrades claimed skillset to GibbsCAM (per his claims)
most small to medium sized machining job shops we use SolidWorks. We also use Gibbscam. ]

Are you going to SWW 2011
I'm running a small poll here Are you going to SWW 2011: Regards Deepak Gupta SW2010 SP 4.0 "Please consider the environment before printing this email" " The good you today, people will often forgot...
1
1

Why you should convert your vehicle to flex fuel
Dear Everyone, as you know the price of the Oil is more and more increasing, while the oil supply is decreasing. Moreover Oil is causing wars, terror, oil spills and a lot of greenhouse gases. By...

Inserting a panel in a truncated pyramid?
Hi Guys, Is there a simple way to insert a panel in a truncated pyramid shaped enclosure? What I have done so far is : started with a sketch made a square. then extruded it under a 45 degrees angle....

Bend Allowance Table
The Solidworks Bend Allowance table is set for 90 degrees only, how can I automate it to be used in a 0.25 or less increment angle up from .5 thru 359.5 degrees, also I like to use all different...

NISWUG Meeting Nov 16th La Porte, IN
This is the meeting where the VARs get to tell us what we have been missing out on. Agenda: It is also the meeting where you get to set the next years agenda. To facilitate participation unique new...

Assembly from Part - No mates required
If you work with multi bodies part and some needs to create an assembly from multi bodies part, here is way to do that quickly Assembly from Part - No mates required ( Deepak Gupta SW2010 SP 4.0...
2
2

Help needed with miter on parts of wooden enclosure
Hi Guys, I struggling with the design of an wooden enclosure build from wooden panels with miter connections. What I do now is starting with an volume > shell it and split it. The problem is that...
4
4

My Journey with SolidWorks
Share your experience with SolidWorks and win SW Student Version software, iPad Nano, CSWA exam coupons Thanks & Regards Deepak Gupta SW2010 SP 4.0 "Please consider the environment before printing...

banquer buys from China
9
9

Switch cut and boss?
This seems like an odd question, but I have a complicated part that has a face defined early on by an extruded cut. Spontaneously (at least without my intent), the cut has switched from a cut to a...
1
1