Best Rated threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

API Problem - Get thickness from Sheet metal part
I am trying to get the thickness from a sheet metal part. When I run the code, I get a Run-time error 424. Object required. Here is the code: START CODE ------------------------------- Dim swApp As...
5
5

Out of memory error
When editing hole features, I sometimes get the following error. The only solution seems to be to reboot the computer. Any thoughts on how to address this? I'm running SW2006 SP5.0 but have seen this...
1
1

DST file format
Has anybody ever had to convert a solidworks file into a .DST format? I need to convert the geometry into a gaming software. The person I am sending it to states that a .DST is the best format for him...
2
2

non-configurable items
Does anyone have a good list, or would you like to contribute to a good list of items that are not configurable? List of things I have so far: - offset for From value in an extrude - hide/show state...
10
10

*.p2m material libraries out there?
Hi, I'm looking for p2m file libraries in the subject of different precious gem stone materials, diamond material, and precious metal materials. I'm trying to learn photworks and find it difficult to...
2
2

crack for solidworks 2004
I have the CD's but no serial # anyone have a workaround?
4
4

SolidWorks "swiggley" files (~$xxxx.sldprt), how to hide them?
Is there a way to hide these files or have them created in another directory other than the directory the main file is located? I know these files disappear when you close SolidWorks, but if you are...
5
5

How to add "reference calculation" columns in design tables?
Hello I have created a design table and want to add columns within the table that DO NOT drive any dimensions but are there as "reference" numbers to assist any user editing the design table. eg. a...
8
8

Can't edit sketch pattern
I have come across a number of parts recently that use sketch patterns, that were created by former colleagues. I've never used this function before, as I've always tended to use feature patterns, so...
5
5

length of sweep??
I've created a wiring schematic in 3D, now i want to find out the length of the wire needed. How do I get the length of the sweep in SW2006?? samurai.
5
5

How do I roll-back a revision using SW revision tables?
I added to many revisions to a revison table. How can I rollback a revision? When I remove a row, it doesnt reset the revision number back. EX. I have a revision table with 3 revisions. I added a 4th...
5
5

DUAL DIMENSIONS - ABOVE vs. TO THE RIGHT
My company has begun using dual dimensions as the standard on assembly prints for use in catalogs, web, etc. My problem is that SolidWorks only allows secondary dimensions to be displayed 1 of 4 ways...
6
6

API print to pdf silent
Does anyone know how to print to a pdf silently using the API to specify a filename, using a printer driver such as cutePDF or Adobe PDF. This used to work once upon a time, but now the resulting file...
9
9

McAfee blocks sldworks.exe
McAfee virus scan is blocking sldworks.exe because it "contians suspicious scripting activity". Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to designate sldworks.exe as an allowed...
10
10

Installation of SolidWorks 2004 SPO
I am trying to install SolidWorks 2004 SPO from a hard disk, (which is all I have). Everything seems to install okay, but when I go to open up the program, I get this error message: "Driver components...
3
3

Material Database and Excel
I want to create new materials in a custom material database. This is what I know: A new database in sw can be created. New materials can be added to this database in SW. The database file can be...
6
6

Shaded with edges greyed out
I've just upgraded from 2004sp0 to 2004sp5 and when I open certain assemblies I now cannot display "shaded with edges" - the button is greyed out (and also the menu option). All the other display...
4
4

Thread callouts
I currently can not get my employer to purchase ASME Y14.6, and we have some serious disagreement in our group about how threads need to be called out. I am putting together our "standards" and need...
4
4

solidworks2004 specs?
Hi there, Got a present of a solidworks 2004 cd recently and would like buy a suitable pc for it. Could anyone advise me as to what environment is best for this program? On the official sw2005 website...
3
3

Hide the name of the dimension (RD1...) in a drawing
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to remove the name of the dimension (something like RD1...) in a drawing sheet. I'm using SW2005 SP2. Thanks.
2
2