Best Rated threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

sp2.1 CTRL copy components in assembly
Is there some new trick to make copies of components in an assembley? What I did before was select a component (screw) and hold down the CTRL key then drag and drop. Now it seems if I do the same...
15
15

GeForce FX5700
Hi Has anyone got any experence using Geforce FX5700 I'm using the above video card with P4 3.0 GHz Win XP Pro Driver 53.03 I can open a max 6 solidworks models without problems but often only 1 model...
4
4

Latest Version Of CAMWorks
Looks to me like development on CAMWorks has slowed way down. Anyone using CAMWorks who likes it have anything to say about development on CAMWorks latest release ? Does the new 3 axis toolpath...
14
14

attaching balloons to an assebmly with sub assemblies
Hi All, just getting into the ballooing and BOM creating in drawings, and I'm running into an annoying problem. I have an exploded view of an assembly with sub assemblies, and what I really want in...
7
7

Tangent edges Visible
Is it possible without converting lines to have select parts with tangent edges visible. Sometimes when you have an assembly with alot of radii it gets way to busy if you have tangent edges all...

API: Iterate configs, delete suppressed features - save file as each config
I need iterate through the configurations in an active part/assembly, delete each of the suppressed features - saving separate files for each configuration. My code correctly deletes all suppressed...
1
1

PDMWorks on ANY machine except the one with Solidworks on it!!!!
I thought I could find my way round most things or know someone who could find a way, but this has myself and everyone I know stuck! I can not get into the vault, if the vault is not on the same pc...
13
13

where download solidworks 2003
where can i download solidworks 2003 please ?? (i'm french !! ;) ) thank you
5
5

print file *.pri in solidedge
in print dialog of solidedge the checkbox prit to file is checked and a file *.pri is created. How print this file?
2
2

Access custom properties with VBA
Hello - does anybody have VBA sample code showing how to access custom properties in SolidWorks files? I guess I have to link to a SW-object model and the know how to access the proper values.... but...
9
9

For those people doing sheetmetal with SolidWorks
What process do you use when converting your sheetmetal models for manufacturing? Do you export as another file type, or do you use the actual model itself? Im trying to get an idea of what the...
11
11

Component in rollback state; assembly is inaccessible now.
Really weird... The assembly has a mirrored sub-assembly. I then opened the original, un-mirrored subassembly and added some parts. SW wouldn't let me back into the main assembly, complaining about a...
2
2

Solidworks 2005 after error message close
After starting Solidworks 2005 I get message: This version of Solidworks has not been commissioned properly, please contact your supplier. If I change languge settings in English (USA), after restart...
2
2

Solidworks Certificate CSWA/CSWP on not legal version?
Hello. I wondering if i can take the exam if I haven't got legal version of Solidworks software? or is it necessarily to have original? As anyone pass it with pirated software??
4
4

Warning: sketch text update failed
Does anyone know what "Warning: sketch text update failed" is supposed to mean. I'm using some text in an extruded cut feature, and the sketch feature has "blood" on it. It seems OK visually, and the...
3
3

Help Please - Bend Deduction on Drawings?
Hi, Is there a custom property value for "bend deductions"? I can't find it... I want the drawing to include the bend deduction, bend radii, and such on my drawings that go to manufacturing in our...
6
6

Purpose of construction lines
Will someone please explain the principle behind making a line a "construction" line , versus a regular sketched line? What is the actual reason for it? I see it being used as an axis for a revolve,...
8
8

.dxf Thumbnail Preview
Is there a way of generating a thumbnail preview of .dxf files exported from Solidworks. It is frustrating to have to open these files to breifly see whats contained in them. Or maybe someone has an...
1
1

Thread Rolling in Titanium
I need to roll some threads in a blind hole in 6AL-4V titanium. They are about 5/8" holes, about 5/8 deep. Anyone have some guidance on how to do this? Thanks,
14
14

tapped hole into tapered surface
I am trying to use hole wizard and put a tapped hole into a tappered surface, but the tapped hole need to be perpendicular to the cone axis. I keep getting the warning" no valid edges for the cosmetic...
1
1