Best Rated threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Copy Custom Property Macro
I have been using a macro for some time now called CopyCustomInfo--Esox.swp. I downloaded it from run, it simply copies custom properties from another SW file of your choice. Since upgrading to...
10
10

"Save tessellation with part document"?
This option is greyed out in my assembly under tools/options/document properties/image quality. It would be a real pain if I had to open up every part in my assembly and control this option with each...
8
8

Importing IGES Files
I have a group of six IGES files that were created in CATIA and won't import into SolidWorks 2004. When I try to import any of these IGES files, SolidWorks produces the following error message after...
9
9

HELP!!--"model in rollback state, drawing inaccessible"
I've got two files open--a part and its drawing. After working on the stupid thing for the last couple hours, it now suddenly decides that the model's in roll back (which it's not!) and won't let me...
6
6

Sheet metal auger blade flat pattern?
I need to create flat patterns of sheet metal auger blades. I cant seem to create them as sheet metal parts in Solidworks. I have a lot of experience with cones and other types of transition layout,...
6
6

Adding this part into this assembly would create conflict of references. Cannot add. ?
WHY, ok, I get this error message when inserting a part into an assembly, "Adding this part into this assembly would create conflict of references. Cannot add." SO I break all the exterenal refs. in...
5
5

Geometry in the bend region is too complex
Hi Guys, I have made a simple rectangle Then I made flanges on all the four sides and now I want to make four flanges along the new edges but I am able to make only three flanges If I select the...
1
1

PS191 OVER TOLERANCE OF RADIUS
I have just started using Solidcam in the last few months. I have been learning by trial and error with no formal classes to show me what to do. I have made a part with a cut in it made from a spline...

GB/T1804-m
Anyone familiar with this? I have a print from a customer with the note "DIMENSIONS WITHOUT TOLERANCE ARE ACCORDING TO GB/T1804-m." The part is a simple sheet metal angle so I'm not too nervous, but...
9
9

eprt -> iges, step, parasolid etc
hello, I would lik to know that - is there any chance to convert .eprt file to iges, step, parasolid etc file? maybe theres some 3d modeler which allows to import eprt file.
2
2

boolstatus in SW VB
if i record a VB macro in SW2007 and view it afterwards, there is always lines who start with the word "boolstatus". what is this variable used for? for example: boolstatus = "Point2@3DSketch1",...
5
5

Strange drawing behavior
I have got a drawing that has 16 views (named, projected, sections, details, etc.). There is two views, and a child section view from one of them, that when I hover my mouse over them, my curser turns...
6
6

Candlepin Bowling Pin Dimensions
Would anyone have knowledge of the approximate dimensions of a Candlepin Bowling Pin. I know the US plays two types of bowling. The Duck Pin type, which is the classic bowling pin geometric shape, and...
4
4

HIPS Solidworks material
Hi, Anyone know where to find, or is willing to share the data for High Impact Polystyrene, pecific grades would be great, but generic values will suffice. I can get some data from MATWEB but not all...
1
1

Surface Fillets, SldWks 2003, haphazard terminology
I'd just about given up trying to fillet surfaces on a yacht hull I'm currently modelling, because I kept getting the remarkably cryptic message "Laminar edges cannot be filleted". Then, just in time,...
4
4

How to create a staggered pattern feature in SW?
Greetings: Is there a way to create two rows of a staggered hole cut as shown in SW2K3 or SW2K4 (13 instances on the 1st row 2.54mm spacing between column - 12 instances on the 2nd row and shift to...
12
12

[SOLVED] Linear Pattern Problem
I am trying to use a linear pattern to create a line of caps, as long as they are touching it creates the objects correctly. But I am trying to have them 3/4" apart and it gives an error that "Some...
5
5

surface normal
Hi, I have an STL model (or a VRML model) that its surface normals are not consistent. That is, some of the normals point out and some of them point in. Is there a way in SolidWorks (or elsewhere) to...
2
2

Sheet metal dimensioning standards
Anyone know where I can get some examples and standards for dimensioning sheet metal drawings? I have some pretty complex parts that need to be bent, and they have about 8 bends that are on different...
12
12

Dynamic highlighting greyed out
I have an assembly where the dynamic highlighting option (Tools, Options, Display/Selection, Dynamic highlight from graphics view) is greyed out. It is checked, but I can't change the setting. And it...
2
2