Best Rated threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

system requirements for solidworks 2004
Hi there, Got a present of a solidworks 2004 cd recently and would like buy a suitable pc for it. Could anyone advise me as to what environment is best for this program? On the official sw2005 website...
7
7

Solidworks Simulation with Glass glued with Metal
Hello All, I need a help and I want to do simulation with the glass glued to a aluminium material how I can simulate this type.How to consider the glue part. Can anyone explain. Regards, Jagadish.M

Pocket screw holes. SmartFastener?
I'm wondering how difficult it would be to setup a macro or SmartFastener to "cut" pocket screw holes into a part. For all practical purposes, the part cross-section is rectangular, very often 3/4"...

Need help with loft error
Hello SW experts, Im fairly new to SW and haven't had too many problems so far but this one has got me stumped. I have tried to create the loft many different ways and have tried with all the options...
9
9

API: Delete all custom properties
I have found several examples of how to do this but none seem to work, I need a macro that I can run that will delete all custom properties regardless of property name. I have a macro that will add...
1
1

Calcomp Techjet 5500 Plotter users
For anyone that's using the Calcomp Techjet 5500 plotters we just received word from Calcomp that the ink cartridges are not being made any more. The cartridges the suppliers have in stock are it.
6
6

How to draw an oil drop
I am attempting to create a clipart of an oil drop. So far it just looks like a gold colored thing that doesn't look much like a drop. I think its all in the shading and use of reflection. Any...
3
3

Sldprt specification
Hi All, I'm using IGES format to draw surfaces and curves. Now I have to move to sldprt format. I know the IGES specification but it seems that I can't find any sldprt specification. can any one help...
1
1

FEM Software: Visual Nastran vs Cosmos?
Can anyone give me a comparason between Cosmos and Visual Nastran? Any comments, recommendatations, other FEM software to look at? Thanks, John Kimmel
10
10

Projecting SolidWorks points onto surfaces
Hello, I have been trying to do something and I am not sure that SolidWorks is capable of doing it. I have a text file with x y z coordinates of points. x and y have numerical values and z is always...
7
7

Hydraulic scissor lift model
Hi I am loking for a model of a hydraulic scissor lift does not have to be "precise" assembly. Just need for a concept. Any ideas where I can get one. Cheers Mo.
1
1

cosmetic threads still hosed
SW2007, sp3.0 Before I call my var, I'd like somebody to confirm this for me. When designing molds, we often have a simple hole on the outside of the mold to recess the jiffy connect. I just put in a...
5
5

Change the Instance ID
Is there any way to change the instance id for a part in an assembly? I had to delete and reinsert a few parts and it screwed up one of my design tables. I'd like to not have to redo all my design...
1
1

Requesting solidworks 2007 + crack
requesting solidworks 2007 incl. crack and serial, thanx in advance
17
17

Solidworks vs. Pro E File Size
Hi all, If two parts with identical geometry are modeled on ProE and SolidWorks, what are the differences in file size? I have received a large .stp assembly that was originally made in ProE. When I...
8
8

unable to find a resource DLL problem?
hi fellas.. i try to install sw2007 but at the start it gives error ''unable to find a resource DLL '' what can i do to fix it. thans for yor answers..
6
6

Can SolidWorks create a JT file?
I would like to know if SolidWorks can produce a JT file. It is tightly woven with Parasolid so I think it would. Info on JT is here: The JT Open Program was formed by Siemens PLM software in 2003 at...
5
5

Sketch with splines will not cut. swx2006sp5
I have a profile taken from a casting that has a few splines, and I want to wire some parts with it. I get an error "Operation failed due to geometric condition" The profile makes a loop and the...
2
2

Rename folder and fix references?
I think the answer is no, but I'll ask anyway. All of our SolidWorks files are saved inside a 'master' folder on the network. Within that folder are client subfolders. Within the client subfolders are...
2
2

Model Size Limit?
While trying to mirror a solid body, I get the error - "The feature does not fit inside the model size limits". Have I run into a maximum model size within SW? The file is 107Mb. There are only 22...
2
2