OT 3D new technology

Hi there, I youst stumbled across an interesting report about a new 3D-technology developed by the university of Wahington, Microsoft and the NASA which allows to generate 3D views from photos. -> Nice Demo

Here is the link:

cu

JoJo

Reply to
JOJO

wow! that was impressive! Now if the could get all of the photos to show at the same time! That would be mind blowing!

Reply to
pete

you are behind the times I posted a link to a demo of this recently and mentioned it as something SW could pick up on to navigate drawings and documents you can try photosynth out - there is an activex and some content there its quite cool really although I got a bit lost at times :o)

Reply to
neilscad

That link was cool.

^ Here is another cool imaging project. It takes a 2d image and recognizes sky, ground, and vertical surfaces, and then turns it into a popup book. The professor doing the development gave a talk at my college, and he used an example of a 2d amtrak train picture. He suddenly pushed a button and the thing converted into a 3d popup world and everyone was blown away.

You'll need a VRML viewer to see anything cool, but those are linked from the page.

Reply to
lipkink