OT Cadkey sold to Japanese company

This deal is still not final, despite what the link implies. The court is rumored to feel that Kubotek is not an arms length transaction.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

He knows this because of all the lawyers he's had to pay I expect. Vast expertise in the law rubs off after you say "Guilty" several times.

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Jon, Is the link providing false information?

"The terms of the sale to Kubotek Corporation, which have been approved by the Bankruptcy Court,"

The complete statement implies much but definitely states unequivocally that the sale has the courts blessing. Will there be a legal challenge to the courts decision?

Reply to
J. R. Carroll

"Monday, December 1, Kubotek decides again whether to close the sale. Actually, the court decides on Monday whether to force Kubotek to close the sale, deciding whether to order Kubotek to take possession and transfer the money.(That's correct, Kubotek has decided not to close the sale).

When the court questioned Kubotek about the sale process, the court found that Kubotek did not answer openly about insider information/relationships between Kubotek and CADKEY; thus the court found Kubotek was not a good faith buyer.

The court did not say there was insider activity, just that testimony was not fully forthcoming on the subject.

Robert White "

I feel many Cadkey users will *not* upgrade to SolidWorks. I'm recommending to many Cadkey users that they upgrade to VX as it is a seamless, unified, hybrid modeler. Further, VX writes and controls their own kernel..... UPG II. VX had been a hybrid modeler from day one.

Robert White is seriously thinking about upgrading to VX as well.

VX is not plagued with the kinds or serious problems that SolidWorks has.

VX's time has come.

If you own Cadkey (any version) rumour is that you can upgrade to VX Designer for $995.

This offer is *not* shown on VX's website.

VX Corporation

2350 Commerce Park Dr. Palm Bay, FL 32905 USA Tel: (800) 683-9222 Fax: (321) 676-2181 Sales: snipped-for-privacy@vx.com Training: snipped-for-privacy@vx.com Support: snipped-for-privacy@vx.com

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

Reading disability issues yet again?

"Kubotek+decides+again"

This is also opinion and (possibly old) gossip .... jb has taken to posting there as well of late.

November 10, 2003 was the date on

the observant will note, is an even earlier date.

Now, what is today's date?

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

recommending

message

Reply to
Rocko

"VX is not the greatest Cad program i know because we did a eval between it SW, SE, and Inventor."

While it may not have the eye candy GUI (yet) that SW, SE and Inventor have, VX can out model all of them with ease ! It's not even close !!!

How long ago did you look at VX ? VX has been working on the UI consistently for the last 2 years and it's much better than it was. Still has a way to go but it's certainly getting there.

A recent poster to this newsgroup, Michael Gailey, just purchased VX Mold and Die. I'm sure he had a damn good reason because he laid out serious money for it. He could have saved money in the short term on Solidworks but he wanted a package that could get the job done without jumping through tons of hoops. He made the right choice.

"There install base is very small also, they could not give us a name of anyone using it in our whole state."

  1. VX has always based development on their product for one client. In the case of Vision (which is now called VX) that client was Samsung.

  1. VX has been slowly gearing up for the last 2 years and sales are growing rapidly. VX hired some of the best people from NCCS (NCL) and from Weber Systems who have many years of experience and they know exactly where SolidWorks is very, very weak.

jon

unequivocally

Reply to
jon banquer

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Do you actually use it? Nope. Have you ever beyond looking at an ad or demo? Nope.

Do you, as a point of fact, ACTUALLY USE ANY 3D system in your own "work"? Nope.

Totally clueless & full of endless BS.

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Is this the same Robert White along with a guy name Greg that wrote FastSURF?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Fisher

Robert White and his partner Dave Reyburn were the owners of FastSURF. Dave Reyburn wrote FastSURF and FastSOLID and also had a hand in helping with FastNURBS. FastNURBS was a CAM program that needed to run with FastSURF installed.

A few months ago Kubotek purchased NC Matic who made FastNURBS.

Robert White reported today that :

"I have been told that Kubotek did close yesterday. They are now the proud owners of CADKEY."

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

So much for what you posted before.