OT: CD/DVD Burning

Hello All,

Could someone please tell me why Jack Bauer or anyone at CTU can burn a CD in about 3 nano seconds, but it take my CD/DVD recorder 3 mins to even recognize that there's a disk in there? Is there ANY way to speed up the recognition process?

TIA, Muggs

-- Change "home" to"comcast" to reply

Reply to
Muggs

is it a Plextor by any chance?

Reply to
neil

Yes as a mater of fact it is. Is that a problem? I was having problems with my Sony and I was told to buy a Plextor.

??? Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

if you're using XP, turning off "autoplay" helps.

Reply to
Michael

good brand but they all take a while to wind up - the explanation given is that there is a checking routine done on each disk to establish its credentials....it is a really annoying delay however. if you are really waiting 3 mins perhaps there is a fault with yours however.HTH

Reply to
neil

No, 3 mins was an exageration, but it seems like 3 mins.

Thanks for the info. Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

BTW, which of the 2 types of media, DVD-R or DVD+R do you prefer and why?

TIA

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

For me it's DVD-R because of (from what I've read) slightly better compatibility from machine to machine.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs