OT: Check out our new website

Check out the Video Section. All videos created by yours truely. Be patient the web developer didn't add any feedback as to what point you are at in the download. He also for some reason didn't cause the video's to cache themselves so you have to re-load them once they have been played on the page.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Hey, I tried to go there and the site is blocked by SonicWall. So I asked for the rating and it's blocked because of weapons. Are you dangerous??? You might want to check it out as you are on a blacklist.

SonicWALL, Inc.

1143 Borregas Avenue Sunnyvale, CA 94089-1306 Phone: +1.408.745.9600 Fax: +1.408.745.9300 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@sonicwall.com

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I tried it and couldn't get much out of it.

Galeon and IExplorer on Win98 both had trouble with the site.

Flash doesn't have plugins for Linux so that part didn't work.

My codecs are too old on Win98 to do anything with the avi's.

So I guess your devel>

P.

Interesting I will have to check that out. It is a safety product line. I don't know how that is getting mixed up with weapons.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I check it out, works fine! Nice job!

Reply to
Pete

I think weapons refers not to "bang, bang, shoot em up" but to nasty software.

I am not sure I follow. Are you upset that the codecs are modern. Or do you think it is just put together poorly.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Works fine with Netscape 7.1 & NT4. Nice job.

Gary

P. wrote:

Reply to
Gary Knutson

looks fine here, oe6

not fond of that siren though.

Reply to
kenneth b

is it annoying or does it make too many people ask "What the heck are you doing?"

Reply to
Corey Scheich

just annoying, i get the connection. ;)

Reply to
kenneth b

Which Linux are you using?

Which codecs are you using in Win98?

Works fine on IE6.0, WinXP. Doesn't work on Netscape 4.75 -- not surprisingly.

'Sporky'

Corey Scheich wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

Couldn't you download an updated MediaPlayer. V9 is out now.

Windows Media Player 9 Series for Windows 98 Second Edition, Me, and 2000

I don't know if there is one for first edition. First edition must have been one of the worst OS of all time too many crashes very unstable. I hated it. my 2 cents

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

That was supposed to be a link I forgot the NG doesn't do embeded links

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Darn CTRL-Entered again.

Corey Scheich

Corey,

Just for you, I'll give it a try.

My point in all this is: These high powered web site designers that use highest common denominator proprietary tools are going to drive away customers. If I was looking for a railing to buy and had to download all kinds of special software to do so I would find another railing web site.

There are people out there who think that everyone in the world is running Windows XP Pro SP2.

A website does need to look good, but simplicity should be the goal IMHO. A web site should NOT make sound unless explicitly asked to do so. Introductory videos and flash presentations might be nice for those browsing around and needing an introduction to a product, but when I know what I'm looking for, it's just annoying (unless it's very short). Web sites are for information, so take me to the useful data as directly as possible.

The Railguard site seems to strike a good balance, except for the siren. Relevant info is right near the top.

The worst are the sites that have nothing more than a brochure and contact info. Next site please.

Reply to
Dale Dunn