OT:Design and Machining Resources/Magazines

Am getting a little frustrated with the same old news from the CAD and CAM magazines within the UK. Need a fresh outlook!!!!! Can any of you guys suggest CAD/CAM magazines or Web Portals within the USA, Canada (or in fact any English speaking country) than would provide a fresh outlook on life. My specific interests are Mold Tool design and machining, although any general design, engineering or manufacturing news would be good.

Many thanks

Alec Thorne

Reply to
Alec Thorne

I hope these will help you.

Reply to
Rocko

I find "Desktop Engineeing" to be generally more useful than Cadence and some of the other CAD mags. It has many articles that don't stay within the boundaries of CAD and CAM. I'm not sure about the UK, but in the US one MAY qualify for free subscription (I did).

Ye old standard "Machine Design" is a really great mag if you can get a free subscription (I didn't).
For some mags one just has to lie through the teeth to make yourself look important enough for a subscription, and I typically resist the urge and am truthful.

Mark 'Sporky' Staplet>

Reply to
Sporkman

Thanks guys

Had a quick look at the links you suggested and there seems to be some really interesting info there. Will have a longer browse later today.

Thanks for the help

Alec

Reply to
Alec Thorne