OT: enclosed cable / wire rope...where to find?

I'm trying to find an enclosed cable, similar to a cars speedometer cable or roto-rooter, that I can attach a hand crank/wheel or knob on one end and turn a small gear with the other end.

It's going to allow an operator to make fine or incremental adjustments to a device under 4-5ft of water.

I can't find anything (aside from an actual speedometer cable)...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
WC

How about one of those flexible drill extensions ??

Reply to
pete

These guys might have some info.

I'm trying to find an enclosed cable, similar to a cars speedometer

Reply to
Dave Nay

Hello WC,

I would look at maybe using a "handy tool" (Foredom) replacement cable.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Try searching for "flexible shafts" or "power drive cables". When I did, I got hits at

pointing to Stock Drive Products/Sterling Instrument. I pulled out my old SDP catalog and found several pages of them. Their website is

Jerry Steiger

Thanks for the info folks, I got picked for jury duty last week, when I got back to work they changed their minds and all this is almost moot.

I appreciate the replies though...

WC wrote:

Reply to
WC