OT - Engineering Workgroup MRP System Suggestions

Hi,

I've got a client who has an ERP system that they presently use for engineering (prototype) and manufacturing.

Given the administrative overhead related to maintaining this ERP system during R & D and prototyping they wish to have engineering purchase components, equipment, prototypes, etc. using expense purchase orders rather than through the ERP's MRP generated purchase orders. Running inventory that they always have to transfer back and forth between projects cannot be justified on a cost basis.

They would like an simple access based system that can keep track of what parts were ordered for which projects, lead times, due date, inventory, how many are on back order, etc...

Nothing complicated - just a simple system to semi-automatically keep track of these things.

There must be systems out there that do this all ready.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Len K. Mar, PEng. E-data Solutions.

Reply to
Len K. Mar

OpenMFG?

www.> Hi,

Reply to
Nick E.

Reply to
Ken Carpente

Maybe Parts&Vendors. I think its more oriented towards electronics, but would probably work for you. Free demo @

ms

Try

or

Ezijobs is a better system and lower cost per seat for 1 or 2 seats.

Reply to
MLQ

For incorporating SolidWorks (or others) into virtually any ERP system, you could check out eExplorer (Enterprise Explorer) from AimaSoft (

). Allows you to tie a BUNCH of stuff to "part_numbers", including SolidWorks 3D images of the part or assembly. Pretty neat piece of software.

I don't work directly with AimaSoft, but I have done some development work with them on the SW side. They will be at the SW World 2004 show in case you wanted to stop by, and see the software, and visit with them and me...

Thanks,

Craig

Reply to
Mr. Pickles