OT - Gearboxes suppliers...

We've been a faithful Hub City gearbox user here, we have literally hundereds of them in use on our production lines and generally have been quite satisfied with the in-service performance of the gearboxes. It's the order lead time, and service from Hub City that has us concerned.

Recently we ordered 6 of thier Helical Inline boxes, quoted delivery time 2-3 weeks, 10 weeks later I was assured they'd ship the upcoming Friday. Upon delivery, it was noted that they delivered the 4000-series rather than the 2000-series which we ordered... Neither I nor my vendor knew of this change and no one from Hub City informed us of a Ratio change We use a pair of these in a synchronized drive, sharing the load. It's do-able, but a little notice would have been appreciated, especially on a late, $10,000 order.

Also, of the 6 boxes ordered there were supposed to be 2 identical, and

4 identical, of the four, they sent one with the obviously wrong motor flange... We had to send it back, we did everything they told us to do, it's been sitting on their receiving dock for 3 weeks because *we* didn't write the RGA number on the outside of the box...hmmm.

Anybody had better *service* from gearbox suppliers?

Thanks

Reply to
hayduke

We don't seem to have those kind of problems with Hub City.

Reply to
TOP

Consider yourself lucky! We currently put up with about a 26 week lead time to recieve our gearboxes. We can almost build an entire line in the same amount of time that it takes to get our gearboxes in. We have looked and looked, I don't believe there is a great gearbox vendor out there.

Reply to
Scott-HPT

We manufacture gearboxes and we have a on time delivery and satisfaction of ~98%.

Unfortunately, most of what we make are high tech/aerospace gearboxes and are a lot smaller/lower hp than what your looking for. However, there are plenty of great vendors/mfrs out there. I would recommend getting a hold of the AGMA's "Gear Industry Directory & Product Guide" that list all mfrs of loose gears, gearboxes, etc. It lists the companies by size capability, not just gearboxes. If you want , I could scan the gearbox section pages and send to you.

Let me know...

Scott

Reply to
IYM

Try SEW. Gearmotors of just about any type

Neville Williams

-------------------------------- Scott, if you end up scanning the gearbox section I'd like a copy also. Don't want to put you to any trouble, but we need a good supplier at my new place of employment, and I have a need to source another gearbox pretty soon. I'll have a look on Monday to see whether it's something that you guys might source -- right now I don't have the specs. Cost is an issue, though, and as OEMs of high tech stuff including stuff for aerospace, your price is probably going to knock you out of the running. This is low tech (and low torque, low speeds) and they want to spend less than $500 if at all possible. You may not even sell anything that cheap.

Best wishes, Mark

Reply to
Sporkman

..and for the models, just look here.

Real ones supplied in a day or so.

Reply to
Cam

ZhaoWei Micro Gear Motor Reducer, Your Trustworthy Supplier! Founded in 1997, Shenzhen ZhaoWei Machinery & Electronics Company, with a h istory of 20 years from R & D to production, owns more than 200 high precis ion processing equipment including Sumitomo injection molding machines, Swi ss Agie wire cutting machines, Agie electric spark machines, Makino, FANUC, RODERS etc. and 40 automatic assembly lines. After 20 years of technical p recipitation, Created the first brand of intelligent driving industry. Zhao Wei develops and manufactures a series of planetary gearbox including

6mm planetary gear box, 10mm planetary gear box, 12mm planetary gear box, 1 6mm planetary gear box, 20mm planetary gear box, 22mm powder metallurgical planet gear box, 24mm planetary gear box, 28mm planetary gear box, car head lights adjusting gear box and auto throttle controller gear box,etc. The gear is a mechanical device that transmits motion and power in the plan etary gear box. It has a long history. It has many advantages, such as high speed ratio range, high transmission power, high reliability, long life an d so on. Planetary gear box is widely used in mechanical transmission of important p arts, after years of hard work and continuous exploration, ZhaoWei planetar y gear box have been widely used in auto parts, intelligent kitchen, househ old appliances, medical equipment, communications equipment, industrial equ ipment, instrument and meter, model aircraft, robot, a human care, security camera, digital electronics and other industries. With 20 years professional design, development and production, provide you with one-stop service from design simulation to the production. ZhaoWei Mac hinery & Electronics, you are worthy of trust!

Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd URL:

Contact: Anny Liu Tel?+86-755-27322652 Fax?+86-755-27323949 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@zwgearbox.com Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Bao?an Dist., Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China

Reply to
zwgearbox