OT: HP DesignJet 450C Error

I have recently had to replace the carriage belt on my DJ450C...besides being a major pain, I am now getting a "Media" error with the "Ready", "Align Media" and "Load Media" lights on...anybody got any suggestions as where I need to go from here. I'm ready to drop the plotter from the highest pt in the state....of course I'm in Indiana so that's only about

1200 ft.

TIA Al

Reply to
Alan Etzkorn

I don't have your plotter perhaps you have got pulleys out of synch when you replaced the belt and there is a microswitch somewhere in the works that is now inappropriately off or on leading to these messages?

Reply to
neil

FWIW, I bought a service manual in PDF format for my aging HP plotter from ebay for under 5 bucks (your mileage may vary). It saved my plotter and a lot of time.

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

Maybe your encodertstrip is dirty (be carefull it has sharp edges). The hp helpdesk gives free tips on how to do repare your printer. If you do the last option please make a video or a picture . i would like to see it crash.

Bram

"Alan Etzkorn" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mygate.mailgate.org...

Reply to
B. van Welzenis

Thanks for the responses All.

I was on the HP Forum late yesterday and someone else had the same problem. The response from moderator had to do with y-axis (carriage) movement...So I'm looking into that...maybe need more lubrication on the carriage rod.

I'll keep posted with progress.

Thanks again, Al

Reply to
Alan Etzkorn

I now have got just the "Media", "Ready" and "Align Media" lights lit....still tryin to figure this out....what a PIA.

It's easier to change the Valve cover gasket on an 89 Topaz that it is to get these HP plotters workin right.

Al

Reply to
Alan Etzkorn

I'm still working on this, if anyone has any ideas I would be much appreciated. I've been told we have to fix this without a service call...so I have to try to get it myself...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Al

Reply to
Alan Etzkorn

just an idea-sometimes electro gear like this has a reset or a calibration routine that may use the panel lights to display that is not related to the labelled function- as in these 3 lights are signalling ready to go into a carriage calibration phase ? for which there is button input required from you? maybe this is documented at the HP website and you can access their knowledge base honestly I think you would be better to get a service technician to fix it rather than piss around with it and perhaps ruin something cheers

Reply to
neil

Well with all my searching the HP Website, I have determined one thing...They don't want to tell anyone ANYTHING!!!!

I can't find one useful piece of information on their site anywhere.

I'm getting close to the point where I may ask my boss if there is any remote hope of us getting a service tech in...however the closest one would run us approx $500USD..and the way the economy has hit us, I'm not holding my breath so I am trying to get it done myself.

Thanks again. Al

Reply to
Alan Etzkorn