OT: Interesting Article Fundamentals of Annular Snap-Fit Joints

John Layne

John Layne

Pretty good article.

Could use even more descriptions of some variations and examples, but it is better than most descriptions, unless you buy some of those expensive seminars &/or books from the professors that run those things.

Bo

John Layne wrote:

Bo

Pretty good article.

Could use even more descriptions of some variations and examples, but it is better than most descriptions, unless you buy some of those expensive seminars &/or books from the professors that run those things.

Bo

John Layne wrote:

Bo

if you search Google with the following search string, 3 additional Bayer technical pdfs pop up which are useful in addition to the article you note:

Bo

John Layne wrote:

Bo

OK, it is actually 2 articles as one is a duplicate from another server.

Still, one article is almost 170 pages on part and mold design, and something not to be missed.

Bo

Bo wrote:

Bo

And, if you want to see how a company does a snap-fit hermetic joint with in-mold assembly, so the finished product drops out sealed, look at:

There are also at least 8 patents they hold on their particular implementations:

searchable with the term:

at

Bo

Bo wrote:

Reply to
Bo

Good link. I added it to our faq and links pages as well as the Bayer links Bo mentioned. Under "Reference Sites" there are some links I have collected over the years if anyone is interested.

B.

Reply to
mark Bannister