Here's some interesting stuff....

MT

Reply to
Malcolm_Tempt

Hey that was an interesting article.

Thanks Malcolm, Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

I just did some tests. I created pdf's using both Acrobat and Bluebeam of assembly's and drawings. The Bluebeam files are 1/2 or less the size of the same files created using Acrobat.

Hmm... I think I'm have to start liking Bluebeam more, and eat my words in the other thread I started.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Guthrie

Excerpt... "This year, Bluebeam is expecting a 400-percent increase in revenues and a 50-percent increase in users. In November,

drew 65,000 hits, an all-time high.

Hmmm, I wonder what's prompting those projections... :)

And is that article actually suggesting that "Bluebeam" invented PDF? Something tells me Adobe would disagree. Well, I'm off to compare file size performance of bluebeam vs. alternatives.

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

I think you misread, they don't say PDF was invented by BlueBeam

"Within a few months, they had created a variation of the printable document file platform - PDF"

JJ

Reply to
JJ

You're right! I missed the variation text. I guess I was expecting to read Adobe in that same sentence. My bad.

- Eddy

Eddy Hicks

Compare the quality for us, please. How does each look when you zoom way in on the graphics? With Distiller I have a choice about file size relative to quality.

'Sporky'

Reply to
Sporkman

Sporky,

I might have to change my mind again and go back to my original thoughts regarding Bluebeam not being very good.

I didn't go into great depth, but Acrobat does have a lot of settings and control over quality levels and resolution. Bluebeam has none. All of which must play into a file size vs. quality issue.

The show stopper was in playing around and comparing the two, there doesn't appear to be a way to zoom into a specific area of a assembly and create a PDF using Bluebeam. Acrobat gives this control. This is a feature I HAVE to use on a regular basis when discussing design issues with clients.

So unless I'm in some way mistaken, Bluebeam is unusable for me and continues to give me the impression of being a bit on the crude side of things.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Guthrie

Really, I'm curious....

Why is file size THAT important, aside from a few seconds upload/download time? Me, I put clear communication as my highest priority. What's a few bytes compared to not needing to field extra phone calls or emails because of unclear communication?

Reply to
TheTick

De Nada,

MT

Reply to
Malcolm_Tempt

The file size would be more important to the site you are downloading

*from*, 30K multplied by thousands of files adds up.
Reply to
rocheey