OT: Its just a good ol' marketing plot by VX

Boy are we idiots!!!

The answer has been staring us in the face all along........

VX wants to increase market share. SolidWorks is in the way.

People get real information from unmoderated newsgroups.

They make decisions based on what they hear in newsgroups.

Problem is that this newsgroup is full of intelligent people who use the software on a daily basis and want to help like minded individuals.

How do we get rid of them and promote alternative CAD software at the same time?

With a stroke of marketing brilliance!!!!!!

  1. We find two self absorbed individuals who do not posses one iota of decorum or social restraint.
  2. We have them drive the normal users of the newsgroup somewhere else by BORING THEM TO DEATH with constant off-topic discussions and personal attacks on each other.
  3. Any on topic subjects actually relating to SW the software can be turned into an off topic subjects simply by having one (or both) individuals repeatedly respond to each other.
  4. Plugging an on-topic thread with 15-30 off-topic responses pretty well renders it useless for human consumption.
  5. Do this day in and day out for several days,months,years I you will have effectively killed the newsgroup - problems solved - SW will go away. VX will be king of the hill.

Why do I know this?

Because there is no way that two individuals can be this stupid...... Besides, you can't type from a straight jacket .....

My guess is both individuals work out of the same office. As a matter-of-fact they are second cousins twice removed from some sort of illegal relationship. Betcha they swap sandwiches at lunch time and spend weekends at each others place exchanging recipes for the next family get together.

They don't have real jobs because anybody spending this much company time and bandwidth would be in series breach of their employement contract. I think the term is "With Cause".

Man, I feel better all ready........now where did I put those pink "happy" pills.

Len

Reply to
Len K. Mar

BWAH HAH HAHHAHHahHahahahaheehee heeeee Nice, Len!!

I've personally been immensely relieved since I just KILLFILED BOTH OF 'EM. Amos is next.

Reply to
Sporkman

This is a keeper, destined to be one of my all-time favorites. Need a laugh; just open it up and the day's all better.

But! The sad part is; Jon's wasting his time along with everyone elses. VX *might* be appealing to a rather small percentage of SWX users. The two programs have been developed to satisfy the needs of diffeent markets.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Isn't it amazing how different the newsgroup looks with just those two killfiled. I barely recognize it. Kill a few more and it might be like a time machine to a few years ago...

Reply to
Dave_D

Yes yes - Len you are on my list of favorite people - actually at the top . . .

SMA

:)

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

But I like Amos' cookies...!

Using Free Agent; need to figure out how to do a "killfile"... but then again, sometimes the spats between those two are amusing...

Mike Tripoli

Reply to
Mike Tripoli

I really have begun to wonder if Cliff and John are actually the same person , but the guy has a split personality disorder!!!! LOL

Reply to
Rocko

I think that theory has been brought up many times before...and I think you are right!

Reply to
haulin79

Misery loves company!

Reply to
el guapo

I recommend this: use XanaNews reader (free). It has a "BOZO BIN" - just put'em in there and laugh whenever you see them binned!

anms

Reply to
Dick

Hi Jeff,

in all my SolidWorks related worries, I've obtained VX cd and tried it (10.91)... Boy, was I happier by knowing that I don't *have* to use that pos and return to SW... And I gave it a fair go - a full pass through all of the manuals/tutorials.

amns

Reply to
Dick

If you truly love something then you must eventually let it free.

And if it comes back......

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT