OT: Page file resets to minimum at bootup

FYI: I was trying to get my page file set up to just under 4 gigs. Went into computer properties advanced area set to 4000 meg initial, 4050 max. and rebooted, everything was fine until I shut down and started again.After the second restart the page file resets to 2043 meg. After much looking I found out the problem was Norton AV. When Norton scans the pagefile it resets it to the minimum for some unknown reason. I had to add the add the pagefile to the "excluded" list and everything looks good. If your page file is set up similar and you are running Norton, you may want to verify your pagefile size. I have a AMD64 FX-51 64, 2 gigs of ram, XP Pro SP2, 3 gig switch enabled.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Eckstein