OT: peculiar coaxial antena plug

this is very OT:

I have a coaxial antenna plug which has weird dimensions: centre pin connector - 0.85 mm diameter, internal diameter of external ring connector -

9.5 mm. I'm looking to buy another plug with the same dimensions, however, I can't find it on the web or in the local electronics dealers. does anybody know the standard of coaxial plug to which those dimensions comply?

thanks, Gil

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

then go thru this link you may find suitable connector

Gowda

Gowda, there are no dimensional specifications on the connectors in this site so I can't know which one of them will mate with my female radio connector I have (it isn't stated on the documentation of its maker either - dam "Tivoli Audio"!). the dimensions which are important to me are inside pin diameter and inside diameter of the round connecting external ring.

thanks for trying to help, Gil

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

It might help to post a pic. or describe what kind of radio it's on. Try posting in one of the rec.radio.amateur.* newsgroups

Gil Alsberg wrote:

Reply to
FrankW

I don't know but you might try posting on sci.electronics.repair. Lots of helpful people there.

WT

***
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

it is on a "Tivoli Audio - Model Two" radio.

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

Reply to
FrankW

Yep...bought in Germany (although the brand is American).

Maybe F type is what I need... ill give it a shoot, thanks.

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

I did a quick search and found this link

You can download the manual for it and it does specify the ant connector as an F type. Cheers Frank

Gil Alsberg wrote:

Reply to
FrankW

Frank, T H A N K S!!!! (how did I over looked it?!- banging my head against the wall)

Gil Alsberg