OT: < SNOW!! > :TO

Well, I know it's not unusual for many of you, but we don't normally get
this much snow in such a short period of time. We started getting a few
flakes at 8:00am this morning, and these pictures were taken at 1:00pm.
No end in sight. The kids have been out playing in it and their tracks
are already gone. Projected accum 6" or more.

Sporkman
3 FEET of snow (gasp) on your roof!! I can find no Web site named "plymouthind.com". Where are you?
Corey Scheich wrote:
Reply to
Sporkman
I am jealous we are loosing all of our snow. It has been 38° give or take for more than a week and holding. I wish it would just get back to staying under freezing. Though it was good for the roof getting the 3' drift down to inches.
Corey
Reply to
Corey Scheich
Nobody believes in fences? How do you keep the dogs and kids out of your yard?
M.T.
Reply to
Malcolm_Tempt
Mark
Nice house. You folks still have yards.
They just built some $1000,000.00 homes right behind me, here in Costa Mesa CA. Your rear deck is bigger than the yards.
Regards
Mark
Reply to
Mark Mossberg
We have leash laws. And people have to control their pets also.
Reply to
Sporkman
Yeah, and the decks don't wash away either. ;-)
Reply to
Sporkman
Nice snow - too bad it's just a dusting. :-)
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
I suppose there's not much nude sunbathing going on in your hood.
Bummer!
Reply to
Malcolm_Tempt
We don't get much flooding where I live. Most of the bad stuff is in the foothills and along the coast around Malibu. Got some serious potential in the burn areas, but they seem to have made it through last nights drenching.
Mark
Reply to
Mark Mossberg
Wanna see a real "dusting"?

AW
message
Reply to
Art Woodbury
We have 3 companies here (it's a legal thing) hence 3 e-mail addresses yet only 2 websites. Minneapolis. Check
or
It was 3' in one spot and 12" or so on the rest of it.
Reply to
Corey Scheich
That house here in MN would cost atleast 500,000
Reply to
Corey Scheich
Well, yesterday it dumped over 3 feet of fluff and at 11:45pm last night the high winds knocked over a old tree on top of my cabin.. (no damage but what a shock!).
Here's a old photo of Mammoth in 1969, 25'(7.6m) in 2 weeks.
The town was shut down for almost 2 weeks.
The old cabin (~1950) I live in survived that 1969 winter and it had over 20' on top of it.
.. 8^)
Art Woodbury wrote:
Reply to
Paul Salvador
I remember that storm like it was yesterday Even down here in So Cal the Santa Ana river swelled over it's banks in my little town (Riverside, CA.). It's normally a dry sandy wash. Several bridges went down as well. Brings back fond memories.....
Reply to
Malcolm_Tempt
Gads, you're almost as bad as California. Roughly divide by 2 for Charlotte. But don't move here . . . we've got enough out-of-work engineers.
Corey Scheich wrote:
Reply to
Sporkman
Wayne,
Don't be fooled! I think it's actually a few young pranksters on a rampage with a couple of those aerosol "snow-in-a-can" thingees left over from christmas . . .
I do respect that fact that our beloved north carolinian brother here would find snow interesting enough to photo, as if it were something unordinary (hehe) . . .
I think I will do the same with that elusive sunlight stuff if it ever returns . . .
I must say that Coreys 3 footer scares me a bit, but luckily if the roof has 3', then this is one of those rare cases when one can jump off the roof and not worry about geting hurt (3 foot on roof probably means 6 on the ground - it's windy up there) . . .
SMA
Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams
I'm just giddy over having a way to post pictures after all this time, and looking for a good excuse.
'Sporky'
Sean-Michael Adams wrote:
Reply to
Sporkman
Ah yes. A definite sign of Global Warming. No wait, make that the Coming Ice Age. No wait, maybe it's the Great Pole Shift from Planet X. No no, it's definately Chem Trails. But then again...
Reply to
Mike J. Wilson
Show off! ;^)
..