OT: < Still Snowing > :TO

We don't get this much snow in a dog's age. The differences in the pics aren't so very obvious, but if you look for clues they're there. No big dealyboppers to anyone living up north, but this is really unusual for down here.

Sporkman

Sporkman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bigfootDOT.com:

That makes me miss NC. Cincinnati is so bare right now.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

my brother is in Charlotte. He loves it. We're originally Wisconsonites, so this will be a bit of a flashback for him.

I'll have to call him and see if they packed a snow shovel when they moved

20 years ago...........

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

"Dale Dunn" a écrit dans le message de news:

The 18 months I have spent in Raleigh (NC State) are some of the best in my life.

Visiting those friends there last april, I cried on the way back...

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

You call that snow?

BTW you can do some simple engineering checks on your house and septic system with this much snow.

After a short while you should be able to see where the hot spots are in your attic by observing differential snow melt/evaporation. Ditto for buried waste pipes, septic tanks and drain fields.

Why haven't they plowed your street?

Sporkman wrote:

Reply to
kellnerp

Don't think they own many plows in Charlotte, NC they don't plan on getting snow. They will probably just close the city for a month =^). They may call NYC and pay to have their plows brought down, or the 2 in the city will be running for 24hrs a day for a few weeks to catch up. All silly speculation I really don't know anything about Charlotte =^). I heard that Greensboro, NC got 12"

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

My grandmother and her kids left Red Granite, Wisconsin in the middle of the depression ...when the shovel broke. Headed West instead of East.

I then got out of college and headed South...Snow and rain in Oregon might sound like a reason, but really, there was not enough creative engineering going on in Portland (back then in the early 60s). Orange County Ca. was and is a center of creative activity.

Can understand why Charleston sounded like it had some advantages.

Bo

Reply to
Bo Clawson

Nice place Mark,

When ya have'n all us East Coasters down for a BBQ NC style?

Reply to
Jeff N

Hi It sounds like a similar novelty to over here in Wales! - Most of the time it just rains, but every now and again.....

Weird to think that the house in the pic was probably built before any white men had even been to Charlotte?! (sometime in the late 17th Century) Cheers Deri

Reply to
Deri Jones

Reply to
kellnerp