OT - SW Tool for BOM Extraction - Input Wanted

Wanted to get input from users on a tool we are developing for Solidworks BOM extraction. It allows anyone (non users of SW too) to extract all the quantified hierarchial data of an assembly in seconds without opening the assembly at all. Currently it will support output directly to Excel in a tabbed delimited format as well as an XML format. Plans in the works include the tool to be called programatically by programs users develop around it such as VB, VBA and any .NET tool. The idea being data could be extracted by MRP tools etc. We plan to facilitate the capture of SW custom properties to further extend its data capture ability. Longer term plans may include a hierarchial interactive "tree chart" as part of the interface.

If you have some suggestions on how a tool like this might work for you or what you might like to see as additional functionality we would really like to hear.

We are considering a very limited number of beta testers.

Reply to
Dataman