OT: Translation

Hello All,

The following is on a print that I received from a client. Can someone translate it for me please.

***** Leveres Konditioneret Til Relativ Fugtighed 50% *****

BTW, I have no idea what language it is, Danish, Swedish??

TIA, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Thanks for nothin' ;)

Reply to
Muggs

LEVER CONDITION IS RELATIVELY TIGHTENED 50%

Sorry I just made that all up I really don't know what it says.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I'll guess it means,..

Move the lever about 50% based on it's relative condition or position?

..

Muggs wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

something close to

Is supplied The fitness To Relative Moisture 50%

Danish

Reply to
Devin

Searching the internet it looks like Fugtighed = Air Humidity I don't know the context of the drawing though.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Try this:

Good luck guessing which language the source is. I tried a few while wating for an assembly to load- some of the words have Danish matches. I wonder if it is Afrikaans?

Reply to
edeaton

I think Afrikaans has Dutch roots, not Danish.

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

"take the garbage out, dear"

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Search google for "Leveres Konditioneret Til Relativ Fugtighed" All the result pages are .dk : Danemark. Now you know the language Just found this :

also indicates danish.
provides a bad translation. My guess is : "Supplied conditionned at 50% relative moisture"

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

I am very sure it isn't Dutch! Btw. Afrikaans has indeed Dutch roots. The text string looks to me like it's just very bad english.

Reply to
The NET

Thanks for all the great attempts!

I cross posted this in the Rhino NG as I know there are a lot of Rhino users in the Netherlands, and I got this response.

********** It's Danish.

"To be delivered, conditioned, to 50 % relative humidity"

********** So, Philippe was the closest, but many thanks to all!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Danish is one of the strangest-sounding languages that I've ever heard spoken. To my ear it doesn't sound Indo-European, or Germanic, or like a Romance language. I speak, read and write German, and of course Danish is a Germanic language, but it sure doesn't sound even the slightest bit like it -- contrastingly to Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, and even English (another basically Germanic language).

'Sporky'

Muggs wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

Ooops- All I had to go on was fuzzy memories of Lethal Weapon 2.

Reply to
edeaton

All that was missing were the Gold Kugerands!!

Reply to
CFisher

Danish is not a language......it's a throat disease, once said by John Cleese. And I agree...even though it's a close neighbour I have big problems understanding them

Krister Ländkvist / Sweden

> > which also indicates danish.

Reply to
Krister L

Giggle giggle giggle . . . yeah, I to am much more comfortable with someting a bit more "homey" like rumanian for that really down home indo-euroepan feel. LOL

For anyone who is interested in the classification of IE / germanic languages and a little primer on historical/comparative linguisitics, there is a great book callled the _Loom Of Language_ by Lancelot Hogben. This is a really great little book for studying this subject form a beginners standpoint.

Toto, I think we're not in comp.cad.solidworks any more . . .

:)

Later Folks -

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

Danish and Norwegian are actually very closely related. Written Danish is almost identical to Norwegian, but the pronunciations are completely different. Maybe the Aquavit?

> > which also indicates danish.

Reply to
E.E.