OT What is the thread on a toilet flush valve ?

Modeling up a part to be RP'd and need to know what the thread is on a toilet flush valve. Anyone know this? or where I can find this?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

Reverse for sure

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Home Depot! They've got it all! They even have dozens of burley dudes that can answer questions just like the one you have. IF YOU CAN FREAKING FIND THEM!!! You hear that HOME DEPOT? I'm still waiting for help in the plumbing isle!!!!

Reply to
Levi Mitchell

Bwaaa hahahhaaha

Do you honestly think that they would have an answer? I have asked many like "Where are the phillips screwdrivers?" and was told by the tools guy that there was no such thing, just flat, star and, hex.Guess I was told, anyhow I have no faith in Home Depot people. Good place for cheap stuff, thats it (if you can find it.)

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

i always thought those screwdrivers where known as positive and negative. :)

Reply to
kenneth b

Ohhhhhhh..... so that is why I got electrocuted sticking a screwdriver into a electrical outlet, I must have put the negative screwdriver into the positive side of the outlet....It all makes sense now. Thanks for the help.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

Positive, negative........goes right along with this "Believe it or not."

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

when it comes to defending vodoo, applying positive energy to mainboard is a good place to start. hehe :)

Reply to
kenneth b

Where do you guys find this sh_t?!?!? That was hilarious. Read the one about the overclocker causing a rift in the space-time continuum (link from the bottom of that page). That's another good one.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I agree - what a bunch of crap! I hope Mike sees this one - seems to fit right in with southern CA.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

hey, it just so happens that i sell flush valves, and use solidworks also. i'm no genius but would be glad to pull out a thread gauge and check for you. delany? sloan? watrous? zurn? which threads, top? bottom? handle connection? hydraulic flush tube connection what? tom snipped-for-privacy@securityplumbing.com

Reply to
Tom3

A guy with a real answer and no ones interested....go figure

Reply to
MM

Actually I contacted him directly. We were not able to come to an answer as he was under the impression I was working on a commercial product. But I am working on a residential product. So I was still interested, you just did not see what was happening in the background.

That being said, I am sill looking for some answers. So far I have established it is a standard 2" straight pipe thread at 11.5 tpi with a 60 degree cut for the thread. I have seen a few at a hardware store and found that the threads do not have a truncation, or have sharp edges, so the model should be correct but I just do not trust the model I have, because in the Machinery Handbook to says that standard pipe thread for nominal pipe size of 2" external thread has a Major diameter of 2.339" (I have this) and a minor diameter of 2.882" (this I do not have given the other information above. I have 2.189" Id of the thread given the sharp edges of the thread). Any suggestions?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

Reply to
Levi Mitchell

So far, so good.

?? Pitch diameter is ~ 2.288. ??

Call manufacturer? 8~)

Were you looking at the Hose Coupling Thread (NPSH) and Straight Pipe Threads for Mechanical Joints (NPSM, NPSL) sections in the MHB?

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Could you try having the part printed in 3-D and trying it in an actual assembly?

Deb

Reply to
Debbie Dowding

Ben,

Commercial tolerances, on this type of thread, are hardly ever adhered to. Especially with all the Chinese junk out there. Mostly they run way under on OD's, and over on ID's. Straight threads are usually used for jam nuts, and some types of drain fittings. They'll still work even if they're a bit sloppy. Tapered threads are more critical.

Just model it to the nominal in the machinery handbook. That's the reference they'll use when they machine it. It should fit anything.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM