OT - Where to start discussion about a Chain Mail

I just got one of those chain letters where it tells how we can get gas prices to come down, with a little effort from everyone, send it on.... Normally I totally ignore these type of emails. But this one came from one of our customers that I have always respected, and consider to be a very sharp cookie. So I read it, and was really impressed with the idea.

I would like to get some feedback from other people to see what they think about it. But I don't want to post it here since it is off-topic and it may offend people for that reason.

Problem is, I don't know where to post such a thing for discussion. Anyone got a clue where I can start a discussion about this sort of thing?

Reply to
Seth Renigar

"Seth Renigar" wrote in message news:AVT_f.18$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.southeast.rr.com...

Since you are a certified good guy, you have my permission to post it here.

Of course, if it's a stupid idea, I will flame you for falling for it.

Jerry Steiger

Certified!?!? Yeah, I'm certified alright! But I don't know about the "good guy" part. I was thinking more along the lines of lunatic! : )

I'll give others more time to respond. If I get no negativity, I'll post it tomorrow....

P.S. You wouldn't really flame a lunatic, er, uh, I mean a "good guy" now would you??? ;-)

Reply to
Seth Renigar

If it's the "Don't buy gas from XXX chain", don't bother. Do some homework. Maybe you can post it along with an explanation of why it won't work.

For what it's worth, Seth is on Tick's "good guys" list. Seth has Tick's respect. Tick believes that if Seth Renigar is going to go OT, Seth Renigar can do much better than this particular topic.

Tick will now quit referring to Tick's self in 3rd person. Works much better for Bob Z.

Reply to
That70sTick

"Seth Renigar" wrote in message news:bWU_f.24$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.southeast.rr.com...

Sure, I'm an equal opportunity flamer. I don't engage in the politically correct practice of only flaming whoever is considered to be the ruling class this week.

Jerry Steiger

Unless the chain letter suggests cutting back on fuel consumption or starting a fund to purchase our own gas then it is probably an idea that won't work. You either have to decrease demand or get it from the source if you want to pay less money for it. Not purchasing from a particular station or not buying gas for a single day won't do squat. The demand is still there - you are just shifting it from place to place. I've seen a number of these chain mails floating around and in they are all poorly thought out and would never work.

Reply to
Mr. Who

If you want cheap gas, I suggest you change your las name to Renigaraslamabad, and go pay a visit to Tehran.

That's the only place I can think of where you might get it...for real.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

I had read the one about not buying gas for a day in the past and thought that at worst it would be a small inconvenience to the oil companies. Seemed more like a joke to me.

And yes, this chain letter does say something about eliminating certain places to buy for a while. The way it reads, it does seem a LITTLE more plausible than the previous method though.

With the few responses to the original post, looks like the general consensus is that it to isn't worth anyone's time, which was basically my thoughts as well. I just needed some reinforcement. I will not post it...

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Seth - you're a tease ;-)

Jonathan